Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VED fury.

cdmaskell

How dare I buy an ES Premium pack! 
I realised I would be stung for VED. (£510)  Even though, with discount it was well below the 40k threshold.  Next March it will be £570!  “I cannot bloody believe it.” As Victor would say. Where is money going.  Certainly not on the potholes In Surrey.

I think the VED threshold for luxury surcharge should also be moved up each year in correlation to price increase. 

Effectively, it is the same spec, how come with passing of time it became liable to luxury surcharge ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cdmaskell said:

How dare I buy an ES Premium pack! 
I realised I would be stung for VED. (£510)  Even though, with discount it was well below the 40k threshold.  Next March it will be £570!  “I cannot bloody believe it.” As Victor would say. Where is money going.  Certainly not on the potholes In Surrey.

Mine is £695, and don't even mention the insurance increases. We all know where the money is going - The Tories rich mates at the expense of ordinary decent folk being hammered by the increases in tax and the cost of living. 

I don't know what we can do about it apart from stopping spending on cars, holidays etc. Then, no consumer spending  = no VAT revenue or punitive taxation = Gov't rethink maybe?  I really think that this government wants us all to live in some kind of post war East German economy. How much is the tax on a Trabant?

Will Bratislava get low-emission zones? - spectator.sme.sk

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tonyw said:

The luxury tax should fall in line with the 40% income tax threshold instead, it would make far more sense. 

That then can be easily avoided using various laws available for people who earn way above that threshold 😄 

Will make keeping the “company Range Rover” even more affordable. 

7 minutes ago, e-yes said:

That then can be easily avoided using various laws available for people who earn way above that threshold 😄 

Will make keeping the “company Range Rover” even more affordable. 

What I meant was the level should match, so just over £50k at the moment

18 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

So what does £40k get you?

Top of the range mini is now >£40k, the price of new cars has seemed to outpace inflation over the past 10-20 years.

Here's a bargain at under £40K

1987 Trabant 601S 2 door wagon. This is a very interesting car. manufactured by Veb Sachsenring, this car is most commonly seen in East Germany. It was produced from 1964 to 1990. It has 594CC two stroke 2cyl engine with a 4 speed manual transmission...with a column shift. It boasts a good body and paint. The interior is original. It runs and drives.

Thumbnail Photo undefined for 1987 Trabant 601

Guaranteed ULEZ Euro 6 compliant🤣.  About £12K plus shipping. Comes with free gas mask and gloves for pushing it.

Or you can even get a NEW one but I do not know the price.

The "newTrabi" idea becomes the "Trabant nT" concept car

The new Trabant nT is supposed to emphasize the trend to simplification and ecological responsibility – without abandoning fun, emotion and safety. Its seed money is the publicity, the sympathy and attention, which the brand Trabant attracts. It already has its fans today. The continuation of the newTrabi story at this year’s IAA in Frankfurt/Main is highly anticipated. In hall 8, the prototype of the “Trabant nT” will be presented to the world public. “We are past the vision– we are in the implementation phase”, emphasizes IndiKar-CEO Ronald Gerschewski, one of the initiators and main actors for the vehicle development. He continues: “Our goal is the series-production-readiness.” In the past two years since Herpa began the “Initiative newTrabi”, they’ve come closer to that goal. The concept is sound and ready for a strong investor to become involved in the serial design and –production. The best-case scenario would see the first “Trabant nT” with electric motor ready for sale in 2012.

• Like 1

You could always go upmarket and go for the Wartburg ES 300h.

It's a bit like a fatberg but not as greasy.

• Haha 2

It's the result of fiscal drag - a sneaky way to increase tax in periods of high inflation without actually resulting in 'increased tax' newspaper headlines.

If they leave it at the current 40k after a few more years of 10% inflation even a basic Fiesta will end up in the Luxury Car surcharge bracket. And yes it's based on list price inc options - it might even be possible to spec a Fiesta up to 40k now actually..

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links