Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Conditioning not remembering settings.

Hi I have an IS300h on a 2014 plate it went in for a recall on the fuel tank a few weeks ago.  Getting in it after the dealership had done the work I noticed the air con was off, and when it came on after a minute or two it was set at 22 degrees.  I didn't worry about this as I assumed they had disconnected the Battery or reset the system as part of the work.  The next day the same thing happened.  I have spoken to the dealership and got it booked in but they are denying they did anything that would have affected the air con.  All I know it was working before I took it in and it isn't now I have it back.  I'm worried they will charge me thousands for a repair.  I have recently come off a warranty package and the level of service has dropped dramatically and I have had the car in for repairs previously on the TPMS where they just rest the warning rather than looking at the fault despite me telling them what the fault was when booking it in and dropping it off.  Really disappointed after years of great service.

Pic below is what the infotainment unit shows when I start the car.

air con.jpg

Yes, I would imagine they disconnected the Battery before working on the fuel system.

You could try disconnecting it again to reset the system otherwise the dealer is best to diagnose the issue - if you have had a Lexus dealership service within the last 12 months you should be covered under Relax warranty if there is a problem.

4 hours ago, GC1976 said:

Hi I have an IS300h on a 2014 plate it went in for a recall on the fuel tank a few weeks ago.  Getting in it after the dealership had done the work I noticed the air con was off, and when it came on after a minute or two it was set at 22 degrees.  I didn't worry about this as I assumed they had disconnected the battery or reset the system as part of the work.  The next day the same thing happened.  I have spoken to the dealership and got it booked in but they are denying they did anything that would have affected the air con.  All I know it was working before I took it in and it isn't now I have it back.  I'm worried they will charge me thousands for a repair.  I have recently come off a warranty package and the level of service has dropped dramatically and I have had the car in for repairs previously on the TPMS where they just rest the warning rather than looking at the fault despite me telling them what the fault was when booking it in and dropping it off.  Really disappointed after years of great service.

Pic below is what the infotainment unit shows when I start the car.

air con.jpg

Mine came back from the recall with everything just as it had gone in like - so no problem with the air con. If you press Auto and then power off and on does it come back on Auto or as per your photo? 

Hello

this reminds me this topic where a small motor was the cause. Seems easier to change on LHD through the glovebox than the RHD models :

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/131128-heater/

PS: in these cases, there is a lag in the infotainment panel as well. Doesn't seem to be the case here..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links