Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Car - Update

Damer

Sorry If I am going on about this. 

I went to look at a replacement Lexus with my Dad today.

Less than an hour after we left I had a call from the dealership. Somebody had rung them about my car as it had been abandoned outside their house less than a mile away from where I live for 3 weeks, when it was taken. Because it still had the cherished plate on it and is quite distinctive they rang the dealership who then rang me.

I went to the location, it was 100% my car. It was locked but Police managed to open it. They said the key(s) must be in close proximity to the car. We searched bushes/grass verges but couldn't find the keys.

Police let me get my Kate Bush CD's out and some sunglasses and an old iPod. 

Car is now waiting o be towed away by the Police and handed over to the Insurance Co who are now the legal owners of the car. 

RIP CT, someone is going to get a bargain at a used car auction. 

20 minutes ago, Damer said:

Less than an hour after we left I had a call from the dealership. Somebody had rung them about my car as it had been abandoned outside their house less than a mile away from where I live for 3 weeks, when it was taken. Because it still had the cherished plate on it and is quite distinctive they rang the dealership who then rang me.

I went to the location, it was 100% my car. It was locked but Police managed to open it. They said the key(s) must be in close proximity to the car. We searched bushes/grass verges but couldn't find the keys.

Car is now waiting o be towed away by the Police and handed over to the Insurance Co who are now the legal owners of the car. 

Have you found out what to replace the CT with?

18 minutes ago, Damer said:

Well, that could be you, Damian.  I presume you’ve been paid out on your policy, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make the Insurers an offer to buy it back.

The Insurers will probably get it checked for roadworthiness and then put it out to an Auction.  You’re in a position to save them a lot of time and money.  After all, they are not in the car sales business!

Yes I have been paid out. I cannot legally drive for medical reasons at the moment though. I was looking at a UX. Wife needs a car to get to work once a week and do shopping and collect daughter from Uni. She really liked the CT, and the gadgets but missed full leather and full electric seats. Also a UX is a little larger for collecting daughter & all her stuff from Uni. It was pleasing and annoying at the same time to see my car. At least it hadn't been burnt out of trashed. A '19 Plate with less than 16.5k mile full Lexus Service History. Someone will get a bargain.

If I am honest I was banking using the residual payout money to buy a Porsche when I can drive again. I've always wanted one common sense always said "No" in the past. Wife wants something "practical"

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Both Porsche and Practical start with a P.

Practical cars are boring and not very good looking while a Porsche is beautiful and fun.

image.thumb.png.95d0a3adc82c7cfc1b9be080bc5f0673.png

When I was a kid my mums boyfriend had a green 911, left hand drive. He then converted it to right hand drive, and had it repainted black. He had a a fully reconditioned 911 engine in the garage that I begged to let me put in my '69 Beetle. He said it would snap it in two. When I was about 17/18 I was late to meet my girlfriend, so he took me in a pearl white 928 S to pick her up. All her friends were there. They were quite impressed. 

My sister now has a Boxster Speedster the limited edition ones, a Cayene Hybrid, and her hubby has a '74 911, 996 Turbo, GT3 RS. 

I can't keep up but I want to own a Porsche at some point.

Sorry this has really gone off topic! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Damer said:

When I was a kid my mums boyfriend had a green 911, left hand drive. He then converted it to right hand drive, and had it repainted black. He had a a fully reconditioned 911 engine in the garage that I begged to let me put in my '69 Beetle. He said it would snap it in two. When I was about 17/18 I was late to meet my girlfriend, so he took me in a pearl white 928 S to pick her up. All her friends were there. They were quite impressed. 

My sister now has a Boxster Speedster the limited edition ones, a Cayene Hybrid, and her hubby has a '74 911, 996 Turbo, GT3 RS. 

I can't keep up but I want to own a Porsche at some point.

Sorry this has really gone off topic! 

I understand wanting a Porsche.

Have enjoyed being driven around in a 2.8 RS and liked driving the 1978 turbo to have a new, very upgraded engine put in (Stigs Garage, Vara, Sweden) but much more driving it back to Denmark. That was in 1985 or 86.

A family member has several of these funny cars, and though I like the look of his Boxter the most, I have never been in a car as funny to drive as the 914. Pretty much modified. It beats the Delta EVO Rally 4WD. Think the engine was a 2.0. He never told me.

image.thumb.png.9e227f861d4d541c0168456622a995dd.png

Picture from before it was finished.

image.thumb.png.cd27af0e90598850236cf7a6fbed87d0.png

• Like 1

Getting back on topic, sort of. Spoke with Insurers again today. Found out having a cherished plate is an "uninsured risk" therefore not covered by my policy

To be fair I do have a voucher to replace the grandkids car seat when I get another car.

I also found out that this is where my (late) car will be sold. 

https://www.copart.co.uk/vehicleFinderSearch?displayStr=[0 TO 9999999],[2018 TO 2022],Lexus&from=%2FvehicleFinder&searchCriteria={"query":["*"],"filter":{"VEHT":["vehicle_type_code:VEHTYPE_V"],"ODM":["%23OdometerReading:[0 TO 9999999]"],"YEAR":["%23LotYear:[2018 TO 2022]"],"MAKE":["lot_make_desc:\"LEXUS\""]},"searchName":"","watchListOnly":false,"freeFormSearch":false}

I went down a right rabbit hole looking to see what else there was. My (late) car isn't listed yet. Be interesting to see what it goes for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 5:34 PM, Damer said:

Possibly my final post on here. After my Ct was stolen last month Wife has bought herself a '70 Hybrid, Yaris. She seems happy with it. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Damer said:

Possibly my final post on here. After my Ct was stolen last month Wife has bought herself a '70 Hybrid, Yaris. She seems happy with it. 

Good choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links