Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Speedline wheels on IS-F

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a set of these wheels (even though the prices seem to have ballooned) and know that a couple of people on here used to run these on their IS-F back in the day, I'm was wondering what type of spacers you guys used?

Ideally I would be looking to use longer bolts and run an 8mm spacer in the rear and a 5mm in the front, but I'm unsure if this is safe on our cars? Or if people use the type of spacers that bolt onto the hub and then the wheels bolt to the spacer (which sadly come in 15mm minimum).

Thanks for info.

You definitely not getting away with 5/8mm spacers if you looking for Vantage wheels. The offset on rear is 62.5 - so you need 17.5mm just to bring them to the spec and ideally another 10 to make them look half decent. 50.3 in front, so you need 5.3mm there.

In short you looking at 25mm spacers in the rear and maybe 10mm in the front (if minimum is 15mm... then 15). 

50 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

You definitely not getting away with 5/8mm spacers if you looking for Vantage wheels. The offset on rear is 62.5 - so you need 17.5mm just to bring them to the spec and ideally another 10 to make them look half decent. 50.3 in front, so you need 5.3mm there.

In short you looking at 25mm spacers in the rear and maybe 10mm in the front (if minimum is 15mm... then 15). 

I'm a tad confused here, I thought the AM Vantage Speedline specs were:

19x8.5,  +50.3 front offset
19x9.5, +62.5 rear offset

So I would have thought that would require an 8mm in the back and a 5mm in the front to make them sit the same as the facelift ISF spec of:

19x8.5, +45 front offset
19x9.5, +55 rear offset

Or maybe my maths just sucks lol.  I was looking at H&R TRAK+ DRS spacers as they come with the extended studs and they're available in 5mm and 10mm sizes.  Plus they're commonly used by GTR guys putting down 650+ HP so don't need to worry about the ISF disintegrating them lol.

*EDIT*

I see the error now, I was conflating the facelift ISF's 9.5" ET50 rears with the pre-facelift's 9" ET55 rears >.> 

I may be wrong as well, I just assumed Lexus standard fitment is always ~45, but clearly not the case for IS-F (generally seems like F-Models deviates more from 45, whereas or "normal" cars have 45 quite often). In which case your initial assumption is closer to the truth than mine.

Except... I believe most of the cars benefits from little bit negative offset as from factory wheels are always tucked in. Generally with ~10-20mm spacers the wheels sit more flush... hence if I would go for Vantage wheels I would put some thicker spacers than it is strictly needed to just to bring them to spec. You can go quite a bit more in the rear, but not sure how much wider the fronts may go, 10mm (over standard) would be safe bet.  

Good spot @Linas.P, jogged my memory, he had switched to some rotiform centre locks.

I had forgot I had him on instagram. Just had a skim back through his pics, his description for set up was 15mm spacers all round with correct spigot rings and the Vantage wheels were 8.5 fronts 9.5 rears - hope that helps @ubersonic

Other thing - I believe AM wheels needs different bolts. 60 Degree taper if not mistaken, because with Toyota bolts your wheels may overtake you one day. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 11:49 AM, hockeyedwards said:

@NothernDan - I am fairly sure he ran the Vantage wheels on his F for a bit/ maybe still is. Only problem, hasn't been active in a while...

I am still here! Just busy with other projects and limiting media activity..... So much more spare time this way!

The wheels I ran on my car (Instagram @isf_dan for lots of pics) were the V8 vantage wheels and I ran them with 15mm H&R Trak spacers front and rear. You could actually get away with 20mm as long as you use stock (OEM) tyre widths (slight stretch on the wider wheels so less chance of rubbing).

The H&R spacers are bolt through (no captive bolts) but you need to fit longer studs in the hubs to make it work and you'll need different nuts as the vantage wheels require a different shape then OEM (conical vs spherical)

Check my Instagram for lots of pics of the wheels on the car although you'll need to go back a fair bit to find them. Been on Rotiform LAS-Rs for a long time now (just gone to much wider rears).

If you want to check what will go on these cars I have lots of info.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links