Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 Heavy Steering

Hi

I purchased my Sc430 last July. I have had it off the road from Oct to May. I have Lexus warranty until July. My problems are 1. Steering feels a bit heavy on low revs. Also doesnt self centre very well when turning out of drive. You have to turn the wheel back to straight ahead. 2. Reverse camera definition not very clear and grainy. I had it back to my local Lexus dealer who initialy said a new camera was required. Then told me it was an aftermarket unit and not under warranty. Although purchased from another Lexus dealer with full Lexus history. I can see from the history a camera was fitted 2 years ago?

The local lexus dealer said the steering was ok although some slight staining of oil around the rack. I was wondering if the heavyish steering is normal for this model. Any ideas guys?

Hello David and welcome to the LOC.

Obvious question I know but since the car came out of winter storage have you checked the tyre pressures?

As for the camera if it was replaced previously by Lexus I would challenge the dealer on their decision and reason not to replace it under warranty.

• Like 1

Hi Malc1

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the camera issue is on going. Re the steering. Tyre pressures and annual service done by local Lexus Dealer. My thoughts are either it is the norm for SC430 steering to be like this. In which the dealers are right. However to me it is strange that Lexus designed it this way. The car was on display in a showroom for a length time. The feeling is like a 'tight' ball joint. I may have to drop the track rod ends to check for any tightness. I have seen posts somewhere regarding power steering pump vac pipe issue. I was just hoping someone had knowledge before I have to get deeper into it.

Regards

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links