Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise

Noise…….

Been driving a bit more longer distances recently - actually getting the car warmed up and not just driving it to the nursery and back, or to the tennis club and back.

My 3 year old son has started saying “Ready daddy 3-2-1 GO!!” and I’m ready in low gear to go past 4,000 rpm and make a bit of noise for him outside towns.  He absolutely loves it, laughing and smiling.  Not sure where he gets it from 🙂

The upshift cracks you get from the gearbox at high revs are mental, and revmatch downshifting is a joy.

I’m in love all over again.  What an addictive emotional car this is.

• Like 2

You big child 😂

Seriously though it’s bloody brilliant the way it switches between burbley comfort, peace and quiet and relaxed to a very tuneful sports car. Once everything’s proper hot it’ll do some excellent exhaust noises and as you say the rev matching blips are brilliant - way better than I could do. Rev limiter upshifts are mental too (from what I’ve seen on YouTube…)
Get it on open sweeping roads and it’s a joy. A slightly wide slightly overweight joy, but a joy nonetheless. Loads of confidence in it, far more than any convertible I’ve had since an E46 Alpina B3 that I managed to chuck around a bit in between bodyshell shudders. It really grips, turns in well, feels far smaller than it is and I don’t even have rear wheel steer. I’m two months in. There’s not much I can pick holes in yet…

• Like 1

There is something about the buzz one gets when manually shifting (in full manual) and in sport plus in this car. The down and up shifts are ridiculous.

The emotional connection Lexus tried to create, has paid off! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links