Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 250C

Saw an IS 250C in Waitrose car park this morning,first time I have ever seen one !

This looks a nice car for an OAP .

Would appreciate some feedback (pros/cons) from any one who has one/has had one.

Particularly on the auto 'box and the mpg.

Had an SC430 a few years ago and probably best car I have ever had but don't want to go back to one due to the road tax.

Thanks 

On IS250 in general you looking at 28MPG average (I would say 22MPG at very lowest in city and 44MPG on motorway), which is very very good considering the car it is.

As for autobox - not sure what you want to know? It is good box, much better than one in SC430 before 2006. After 2006 SC got new box (A760E) which in principle is the same one as IS250C (A960E) just rated for more torque. But in my experience A960E is more responsive. Road tax you looking at ridiculous £395/year, not as bad as SC430 I guess, but certainly unjustified.

As for the rest of car it will be similar to SC430 - slower, but more practical, semi-useable rear seats compared to unusable ones in SC. The most at risk item is roof, as for all convertibles, but probably better than competition. Otherwise everything that applies to IS250 applies to IS250C as well.

thanks Linus.

Good to know the auto box is better than the SC430 which was a bit on the lazy side.

Yes road tax is ridiculous but I don't want an oil burner and anything interesting in my budget seems to come out at this figure.

My mum had a 2009 IS250C before it suffered a hit and run and was written off! Car was wonderful and behaved just like a regular IS250 (I have a 2010 F sport in comparison). It was a bit heavier and slightly more sluggish compared to the traditional IS so MPG naturally suffers a little bit. Very practical convertible though with some decent space for passengers in the back and the hard top convertible mechanism is lovely. 

Hi Jeffrey,

I bought mine just over four years ago shortly after I retired and have been delighted with the car.

I came from a 2006 Mercedes 350SL and the difference in ease ( and cost ) of ownership has been incredible. The Lexus has'nt put a foot wrong and has been a great car to own and maintain.

I would disagree slightly with Linas in that I would put the average fuel consumption at around 32mpg, but then again my driving is now quite leisurely and it is not the type of car that asks to be driven hard.

The auto gearbox is 6-speed and has the option of performance, standard and snow settings together with column paddle shifters should you feel so inclined!  It is as good as any box I have used in my previous cars with changes that are virtually imperceptible though I did change both the fluid and filter shortly after getting the car as part of a maintenance routine.

All I can suggest it that you test drive any car that may be for sale in your locality ans see how it feels.

Bear in mind that there were only just over 800 of these cars registered in the UK so they are becoming quite rare and the numbers of "nice" cars now offered for sale is very small.

Hope this is of some help.

Dec.

Good morning Declan

thanks for the feedback,really helpful.

Your driving style sounds similar to mine so good to hear you getting decent mpg.

The '800' figure would explain why there are so few for sale.

I suspect I am in for a long search

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links