Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gen 4 GS450H - No AT temperature in TechStream

daveh6

This one has me stumped.........

I changed the ATF in my old Gen 3 GS450H last year (2008 2GRFSE) with no problems. Followed the Lexus Tech document and drained refilled 3 times and was able to get transmission fluid temperature and line Pressure status in Techstream and closed up the plug at 35 degrees and job done. bit messy...but otherwise easy.

I bought a Gen 4 GS450H (2GRFXE 2013) a few months ago and have been doing the usual maintenance every weekend. Down to the last job now which is transmission/E-CVT fluid. Same process as my Gen 3 but this time there is no mention of Transmission temperature/status/line pressure/ anything related  to transmission in Techstream. I have tried Techstream V12 and V16.  I have tried Torque Pro and ELM327 bluettoth OBDII on my phone but no mention of transmission related data there either.

Am starting to think something must be crook on my AT ECU but Techstream gives no error codes for anything on a HealthCheck.

Am about to give up and just drain at room temperature and refill with exactly the same amount....do this 3 or 4 times and I might have semi-decent newish fluid!!

Any ideas anybody??

Thanks.

It's there...thank you so much.

The fact that TS keeps crashing every time I try to change the Dropdown menu on Powertrain / Hybrid Control / Data List / Primary..... means I couldn't even get to the T/M Oil Temperature choice....but i did manage to use the TAB key to get to the ALL DATA choice and all the transmission data is in there....

so have my trans temp and Line Pressure Off verification now...can get that last job done this weekend.

Thanks again for the assistance. Much appreciated!

• 4 months later...

@daveh6 and @ColinBarber can you please share how to do the transmission service, aka drain and fill.

I recently pickup a 2018 GS450h and would like to do transmission service.

I was thinking just to do a drain measure what came out and re-fill the same amount back in. Drive it around the block and redo the drain and fill two more times.

Where is the refill hole on the transmission?

I don't have access to the Techstream but have access to a laser temperature probe and can use this to measure the 30-40degC transmission temperature for the level overflow.

Thanks guys.

3 hours ago, GS450hAU said:

Drive it around the block and redo the drain and fill two more times.

The GS450h doesn't have an automatic transmission with a torque converter that holds the majority of fluid so you cannot drain it all out. Therefore there is no need to do multiple drain/refills.

6 minutes ago, GS450hAU said:

@ColinBarber gotcha. So just do a drain and fill and no Techstream needed?

The correct procedure is to use Techstream to allow new fluid to be pumped around the transmission and get to the correct operating temperature.

However, if you accurately measure what you take out and put the same amount back in then you should be good (assuming the temp of the old and new fluid is the same when you measure it, and that your fluid level is correct in the first place).

If you want the official workshop repair manual procedure (which requires tech stream) then you can subscribe to the info here - 1 hour access is around £4.

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Menu/Repair

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links