Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey peeps, does anyone have a wiring diagram for 1996 LS400 that includes rear fog lights? Tested all the simple things and they seem to be functioning/ not blown so now need to go on a more indepth hunt to find my problem. TIA.

Have tested fuses, relays and even swapped them over and no joy. I am getting power from the fog switch but nothing at the bulb itself, bit odd as reverse light right next to it in the same holder does work 😞

14 hours ago, Tulpen said:

If I remember correctly, the main lights have to be selected on to get the fog lights to work.

Thanks but I was aware. Have tried everything so presuming it is a broken wire somewhere but can't find a diagram that has rear fogs, I have an idea but it will give me better direction than just blindly searching for a miracle.

The problem is most of the wiring diagrams out there are from the US, which doesn't have rear fogs.

Are you able to measure the voltage at the relay - not the power to the relay coil but to make sure the supply that is switched is there. That would narrow down the search. If it's a broken wire then the most obviously place would be at the boot lid hinge which is subject to fatigue.

• Like 1

I inadverntatly disabled my Mark 1 foglights when I changed out the ariel there was a relay attached to the ariel bracket and I assumed it was for the ariel and putting in an aftermarket one that had no connections to anything other than ground and positive discarded the relay .Two years later it got through one MOT but was picked up on the second, no rear foglights which I had never had cause to use.

The relay was a common cyndrical used multiple times for different switching on the car and fortunatly I had a wiring diagram manual for the car so we soon spotted my mistake.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

From those diagrams there is only one relay for the rear fog-lights for both variants.

Much appreciated, unfortunately the link doesn't work for me, just hangs 'this request is being processed' but never loads 😞

I have cobbled the Canadian one together but you should be able to follow it, or your Electrician will.
These are for a 1995 LS400 which I believe is the same as the 1996.

1995 LS400 Fog Lights CDN.jpg

1995 LS400 Fog Lights US.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links