Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty & RSA

Dells

I have been told by my dealer that my recent purchase 17 IS300h has relax warranty and RSA for 12 months or 10k and each service it is renewed but reading this

it doesn’t seem the case for RSA so can someone clarify for me please .

Dell

1 hour ago, Dells said:

I have been told by my dealer that my recent purchase 17 IS300h has relax warranty and RSA for 12 months or 10k and each service it is renewed but reading this

it doesn’t seem the case for RSA so can someone clarify for me please .

Dell

If you have the initial one year used car warranty I think that might include Lexus Roadside Assistance but after the one year/10k miles (whichever comes) then the service will extend the warranty but not the LRA which probably last one year but unlimited mileage and so will need renewing after one year. But best to double check with T&Cs you get and/or dealer. 

Normally if you buy Lexus "Used Approved" car it will come with 1 year manufacturer warranty (not Relax) and 1 year of LRA. This is often (always?) added as part of "Used Approved" scheme, not sure if all sales include this, but at least mine did... that said mine did include 2 years complimentary service as well as that was part I was able to negotiate.

Manufacturers warranty provided as part of sale is much more comprehensive than Relax, but if your car was recently serviced then it may technically be covered by both. Relax for 10k miles or 12 month whichever comes sooner and with Lexus Manufacturer warranty (equivalent) for 12 month after the sale (I believe it is unlimited miles as well).

If you have LRA, then you should have a card (looks like credit card) stating your client number, number plates of the car and the date until it is valid. If you just recently bought the car, then it may take 2 weeks to arrive via post (although mine arrived before I actually pick-up the car). 

Thanks for replies, according to sales man my approved select used car was serviced 19 June so is covered by approved use warranty and RSA for a year or 10000 miles and as long as I get it serviced each year or 10000 miles the car will have relax warranty until 2027 but not RSA , I just wanted to get it clear in my mind and made a note that I need to get breakdown cover next year.

Dell

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links