Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anything to check on low mileage is250 (14,700 on 20011) ?

Diy

Hi Huw, enjoy the Forum.  Are you looking to buy or have you bought?  If the former then my advice would be to check that the mileage has been consistent such that the car hasn't been off the road for long periods between usage stints. Similarly the MoTs need to show regularity and preferably minimal advisories, interior condition should then be excellent and you should also be able to tell if it's been garaged.

Mechanics are not really my thing, others can contribute on that, so I look for obvious visual signs. All I can say is that caliper pins need to be checked annually as they have a tendency to stiffen over time and need lubricating (a common issue).

I bought my (06) 250 in Oct 2020 with just 29k on the clock.  It had been in regular use with good MoT history and after 2 years I sold it (36k miles) having spent nothing other than consumables and servicing.  A thoroughly reliable and enjoyable car to drive.  Good Luck.

• Like 1

Thanks Sundance , I've just got it and checked all the mots that range from about 6000 on the first one and between 1000 to 4000 on the others, with just worn tyres as expected 😀 I researched for while and was aware of the pin issues unlike the main dealer from where it originally came from as a one owner , but their mot guy said it was in better condition than some 2 and 3 year olds that he's seen. It has a few minor scratches but oddly lots of smaller ones around all the door handles showing signs of use unlike most of the inside . Not sure if its been garaged , its dark grey that looks like faded black in most light and I've only put 10 miles on it so not had time to check properly. Hope to rectify that today and still in the to good to be true frame of mind !

2 hours ago, Diy said:

Thanks Sundance , I've just got it and checked all the mots that range from about 6000 on the first one and between 1000 to 4000 on the others, with just worn tyres as expected 😀 I researched for while and was aware of the pin issues unlike the main dealer from where it originally came from as a one owner , but their mot guy said it was in better condition than some 2 and 3 year olds that he's seen. It has a few minor scratches but oddly lots of smaller ones around all the door handles showing signs of use unlike most of the inside . Not sure if its been garaged , its dark grey that looks like faded black in most light and I've only put 10 miles on it so not had time to check properly. Hope to rectify that today and still in the to good to be true frame of mind !

Sounds like the "smoky granite mica" option 😉 .

Looks mint in the rain ! As do the wheels with slight curbing and yokohama blu earth e51 225/45r17 91w with about 6mm of tread 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links