Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat-Nav

Kaptkremmin

Hi all, having owned the CT 2mths now I'm still loving it and used the Sat-Nav for the first time yesterday and it couldn't/wouldn't accept the post code, incidentally I was trying to put in PE24 4TE if anyone wants to try it, so had to revert back to my old Tom-Tom fine. Now the car Sat-Nav has never been updated since it was sold and it's 9 yrs old now, Lexus wanted £200 to update the Sat-Nav before I bought it, has anyone used eBay for an update with success. On the way home it was very late, 23:30 and my first time driving it in the dark, the car Sat-Nav could take me home ok, but in the past with Sat-Nav's when I've turned the lights on it would normally turn the brightness of the display down, wow it was like having a TV turned on in the car and very distracting illuminating the hole cabin, it was SO bright, is there anyway of turning the display down for night time driving.

I might have found out the answer to this myself, unusual for me I had a read through the handbook and found where you can turn the display, contrast and brightness right down in the settings, have to wait till a dark night now as for the Sat-Nav it seems that it's not a Disc or SD card it's USB download, found an update in the Sat-Nav settings and it seems that Lexus have you by the short and curlies for that, it's a usb download and install what they have to do.

I have just updated my sat nav on my Lexus £59 from satnavishop and it works fine , just downloaded the map Added it to usb stick, go into settings and find updates but be warned it takes 100 minutes to install. if it’s the same as my satnav then you can add a post code because I did it the other day.

Dell

Any way thanks Derek, it took about 45 mins for the download and a 100 min to install, seems to work a treat, have to go out for a drive at night time now to see if the screen is dull enough now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links