Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Renewal

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

(EV and self drive)

just reading today some fresh finance news  ........ Elon Musk saying new generation Tesla to be/being built in Germany with price starting at just US$ ? 25,000

AND dear old Warren Buffet just turned in a post tax profit of $10,6bn ? on his Berkshire Hathaway cash pile of $157bn ...... and his insurance underwriting businesses too .  the age of wisdom prevails with dear old Warren and Charlie Munger ( who's a few years older ) .......... AND they own a great chunk of China    BYD too of course

Wonder if I'll    " wise-up "    in the next 30 years or so    😂

Malc

The moderator might see that you have a picture of **** there.  Oh dammit He'll come for me now. Bugger!!!

I'll probably get banned now Thanks Stephen.

43 minutes ago, GMB said:

Autocensor doing a good job I see ****. But it missed the last word.😏

:cheers:

This is a pretty good site for not getting too involved in this sort of stuff. In this case it did not have to do anything ,because I just did not bother to write when the picture is better than a thousand words.

On a more serious note I really wish people could get over building other people up to a mythical level. We all go to the same place and do the same stuff when we get there. Hard to imagine that the process between our ears is radically different.

18 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

On a more serious note I really wish people could get over building other people up to a mythical level. We all go to the same place and do the same stuff when we get there. Hard to imagine that the process between our ears is radically different.

Oh I don't know. I think if you look hard enough it's possible that you might spot some subtle differences in the processes between the ears of the likes of say Jeffery Dahmer and Ghandi 🙂

28 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Oh I don't know. I think if you look hard enough it's possible that you might spot some subtle differences in the processes between the ears of the likes of say Jeffery Dahmer and Ghandi 🙂

You mean Ghandi was a Vegan?

21 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Elon Musk is full of dung.thumb.jpg.72cd91c75bf4bb4c5cbdb533bb32f56e.jpg

Now that's no way to talk of the man who "knows more about manufacturing than anyone on the planet".
Memorable moments: throwing rocks at the windows of that cheese slice joke truck of his.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:15 PM, Boomer54 said:

Right ,here is a question. The Law is;

Road Traffic Act of 1930. This act mandates that all drivers must have motor insurance in force to cover their liability 

If, or when we have self drive cars, would a very strict interpretation mean we no longer require Car Insurance?

Afterall we are no longer drivers are we?

Indeed, assume for a moment you are in an incident of some kind when the car is in self drive mode, where lies the liability remembering you were not actually driving?

Interesting question Stephen, and i agree with you. I can imagine though that the powers that be would find some wrinkle around it. I'm sure I've read of cases of people over the limit being arrested when walking to their cars with keys in hand, or getting into the passenger side of the car, being arrested and convicted under the drink driving laws even though they weren't actually driving.

I don't think it will come to that though because we won't actually be able to buy ourselves a self-drive car, they will only be available from a pool. We will have to buy a monthly subscription to use them. There are already car clubs operating this model (with cars that you need to drive). My local one has 3 pricing options to choose from, depending on what access you want. They buy, service and insure the car. The club member only has to put in fuel and agree to return the car by the agreed time.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Interesting question Stephen, and i agree with you. I can imagine though that the powers that be would find some wrinkle around it. I'm sure I've read of cases of people over the limit being arrested when walking to their cars with keys in hand, or getting into the passenger side of the car, being arrested and convicted under the drink driving laws even though they weren't actually driving.

I don't think it will come to that though because we won't actually be able to buy ourselves a self-drive car, they will only be available from a pool. We will have to buy a monthly subscription to use them. There are already car clubs operating this model (with cars that you need to drive). My local one has 3 pricing options to choose from, depending on what access you want. They buy, service and insure the car. The club member only has to put in fuel and agree to return the car by the agreed time.

That's really interesting. Adaption to change in action. 

14 hours ago, Agooner said:

I'm with Swinton.

at each renewal .  with other insurers i might add .  Swinton still have it in their diary to contact me for a quote ........  I've given up with them as on each occasion they have been way way too expensive

Malc

The modern route to cheap motoring under a conservative government:

Stolen car

Cloned numberplates

No Insurance

No tax

No MOT

No servicing ( just go steal another ).

No fines

No petrol bills ( see cloned plate ) Just drive away.

It seems the government and these rip off insurance companies may well be forcing more people down that dangerous route.

Most of us honest mugs just pay up and whinge about it.

Amok clipart 20 free Cliparts | Download images on Clipground 2021

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links