Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 ULEZ Exemption - Help?

Hello All,

I live in London and am looking to buy an LS400. Of course, the LS400 is not ULEZ exempt which is an issue. However, I'm LED to believe that it is actually possible to get the car an exemption (or at least there are clever people who, for a fee, can get this done). My question is: has anyone had any experience of the process? And if so, do you have any helpful contacts I could speak to?

Cheers!

• Like 1

None here from all the posts I’ve been reading on this forum sadly …… 

Might the  RAC / AA experts on ULEZ advise you perhaps ? 

do let us know if there’s any light at the end of that tunnel 

Good luck

Malc 

I found this, but it doesn't appear to have any loopholes though:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/discounts-and-exemptions

And this:

"If your car is not ULEZ compliant, and you don’t want to pay the daily charges, you might consider retrofitting a non-compliant van or car to meet the requirements of the zone. 

This can be achieved by either upgrading the vehicle’s exhaust system or changing its engine. However, it is extremely pricey to have this work carried out – and, after the work is completed, you will also need to have the vehicle re-certified by the DVSA to ensure it is recognised as compliant."

From tfl's website:

"Retrofit your vehicle

Check your vehicle to see if it meets the LEZ emissions standards. If it doesn't, you may be able to retrofit your vehicle with emissions reduction technology.

Emissions reduction technology

Emissions reduction technologies include:

• Selective catalytic reduction, which reduces NOx emissions
  • Replacement Euro VI engines
  • Converting a vehicle to electric power

Retrofit technologies need to be approved by the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme (CVRAS). This government scheme, funded by Defra, establishes common standards for all Clean Air Zone cities.

CVRAS has certified emissions reduction technologies for certain buses, coaches, HGVs, and refuse vehicles.

As retrofits need to be calibrated to specific vehicle models, and not all vehicles can be covered. We expect more conversions to be available in the future.

Information about the retrofit process and a list of suppliers is on the CVRAS website."

I would seriously question any company (if you can find one) that offers to make your car compliant, especially if there is an initial fee involved before any work is done.

Perhaps you should look at post 2005 alternatives, such as the LS430 or 460 and GS300, although beware the increased tax on later models, i.e. £695!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links