Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX450h scheduled charging does not start

I have an NX450h which has been set to start charging at 11:30pm as i have an Octopus GO tariff. This has worked flawlessly for the past 3 months of ownership.

All of a sudden over the past two days the vehicle will not start charging at 11:30pm.

I checked the Lexus App and can see that the car is set to charge at 11:30pm every single night. But i do remember seeing a setting in the car also for scheduled charging which i can not find any more. I do dislike the GUI of the onboard software - its so very difficult to use and find things compared to my Tesla.

Is there any reason this would stop = the charger is working fine because if i hit the Charge Now button in the Lexus App, charging starts at any time i request for it.  

• Like 1

I've no specific experience of this issue but I'd try changing the schedule, save and then change it back again to 23:30, as altering the settings should force the data to be resaved into the vehicle in case they got corrupted.

• Like 1

The sceptic and cynic in me suggests that you have a smart meter and Octopus are controlling when you can and can't have electricity! Okay, maybe we're not there yet but we will be, because there won't be enough electricity to power all our homes and cars in the future 😉

• Like 2

Actually i use the granny charger for over night charging - so there is no way Octopus Go can touch this. Its connected to a 3 pin plug.

The 7kW faster charger is for my Telsa.

I will try re-scheduling the charging to see if this changes anything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

The sceptic and cynic in me suggests that you have a smart meter and Octopus are controlling when you can and can't have electricity! Okay, maybe we're not there yet but we will be, because there won't be enough electricity to power all our homes and cars in the future 😉

Actually i use the granny charger for over night charging - so there is no way Octopus Go can touch this. Its connected to a 3 pin plug.

The 7kW faster charger is for my Telsa.

I will try re-scheduling the charging to see if this changes anything.

This happened to me recently. It seemed as though the “start now” command had stalled the schedule charging. I did as Colin mentioned, went in to the car settings, deleted the schedule and input the schedule again. Been ok since

Easy way to tell, on your app is the day correct for charging?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

This happened to me recently. It seemed as though the “start now” command had stalled the schedule charging. I did as Colin mentioned, went in to the car settings, deleted the schedule and input the schedule again. Been ok since

Easy way to tell, on your app is the day correct for charging?

thanks - where do you find the settings in the car. i know i set the schedule in the car one, but cant seem to find it now.

15 minutes ago, rishishah said:

thanks - where do you find the settings in the car. i know i set the schedule in the car one, but cant seem to find it now.

From memory “Vehicle Settings” 3rd from bottom icon, then there is a menu item for charging schedule or something related. 
Wife is out with car atm so can’t be more specific until she returns, sorry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links