Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hey! im new here so i would like to ask you professionals whats wrong with my is 220. it works well after starting the engine but after driving for about 2km it suffers a significant power loss. but after you turn it off and start it again it works for about another 2km. it shows no fault codes and all this started after the car was parked in my driveway for about a week.

Hi Anton. Why did you buy a diesel when you do so little mileage? You've probably choked your engine.

Best thing you can do, except for selling it and buying an is250, is go for a vigorous drive. 

If all you do is short trips then I'm sorry to say you bought the wrong car.

youll need to take your egr our and clean it out.

Mines was clogged up lost power one morning when going to work.

Manually cleaning is best solution best to use break cleaner and egr cleaener couple quid from euro car parts.

see my before and after pics

image.thumb.png.46f95d235292202d888c2542c5f34303.pngimage.thumb.png.0344223c199198978ee0b7dc734b6e77.png

image.thumb.png.1458f4540f52f33f1f7ab360ee5a94df.pngimage.thumb.png.ba986a6309dfe1545415c8a79e4fce3c.png

is common issues with the 220d

as mentioned above best to buy a 250 or petrol instead.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The car is tuned so it does'nt have egr or dpf. I've read live data and everything else seems ok but what i noticed is that the gas pedal precentage when pressed to the bottom should be 100% but from the moment you start the car it stars slowly decreasing 99% 98%... ad so on until it stops to 20%. So the gas pedal is only reading 20% when pressed down completely. Does anyone know what tp do in this situation. I have tried with another gas pedal which had a brand new sensor and tried to clean every connecting parts on the wires. Still no help on the probelm. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links