Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any LS400 DHP owners out there?

james h

If there are, please can you help me?

I've recently reverted back to OEM spec KYB front dampers from Bilstein B6's which had been fitted by the previous owner.

Ride is better, but it's running so low that on full lock or over a large bump I get rubbing of the tyre against the wheel arch liner.

I'm now wondering if the previous owner had also fitted aftermarket springs.

Could any DHP owners please measure the wire diameters of both the front and rear springs? I should know pretty quickly then...

Thanks in advance,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hello James.

I no longer have my LS400 DHP but I do remember when I bought it (many years ago) with 130,000 miles on it the front tyres rubbed on the inner arches at full lock. I just assumed the front springs were a bit tired and had sagged.

The car handled fine and went through several MOT tests with no mention of the front springs.

I cured the problem by changing tyre size from 245 down to 235, the very slight difference in tyre profile height was enough to stop the rubbing.

Regards.

Steve.

• Like 2

Thank you all!

I've since made the decision to go to standard (KYB) springs and dampers.

Lexus don't have any stock of OEM springs. The chap I spoke with had no idea about DHP.

The DHP springs were sagging so much, I was 20mm into the bump stop/spring aids. So there was no way to resurrect them! 

The new springs and dampers are great. 

But the biggest revelation has been fitting new steering rack bushes. Even torquing the older bushes higher on the clamps was a benefit.

No more steering column shake.

One day soon I'll do a long post on my chassis renewal if people are interested!

Thanks again

James 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links