Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carbon Fibre bonnet

Hi Guys

Just interested if any ISF owners here have fitted carbon fibre bonnets to their cars (with the carbon weave showing, not painted over) and if they had seen any issues with sun fade over time?  I know in some hotter US states this UV damage to the lacquer over the carbon weave can be an issue, but wanted to see how people in the less sunny UK had faired with this issue?

Thx

1 hour ago, Grey One said:

Hi Guys

Just interested if any ISF owners here have fitted carbon fibre bonnets to their cars (with the carbon weave showing, not painted over) and if they had seen any issues with sun fade over time?  I know in some hotter US states this UV damage to the lacquer over the carbon weave can be an issue, but wanted to see how people in the less sunny UK had faired with this issue?

Thx

No issues here on any of my panels.

OldStation6-01.jpeg

Thanks Rich - is your car regularly kept outside in the sun?  That seems to be the rub, cars kept in a garage tend not to have sun fade, it's just in the UK whether this is an issue or not in everyday use with our glorious sunny weather LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Just get the bonnet (or any other panel) into a good bodyshop and have them scothbrite pad the original lacquer and relacquer it with a good quality UK lacquer. It's only the cheap Chinese lacquer that gets sun fade issues. Decent Uk stuff will last for years and years and years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links