Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Overhead light replacement IS250 2011?

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has ever replaced the door operated overhead lights? I could just pull down on the whole lamp housing (which does have some give) - but obviously don't want to damage anything. 😄

Cheers

Steve

Thanks John - that did help and I got the 2 screws out - but that was it? Not sure what a moulding remover is - but I couldn't sight the two clips?

I don't want to force it - coz it's in a key and visible position if I break or damage it, so it's back together for the moment..... 😛

You can get a set of plastic levers eg from eBay or Halfords - various sizes in the set of about 8 usually. You just insert a suitable lever where the clips are as on the diagram and they just pop open.

It's about 10 years since I put LED bulbs in the interior lights in my IS250 and I can't remember the exact details. It wasn't difficult though.

• Like 1

Thanks John - it was easier than I thought; the lens of the light just pops out using a very small straight tip screwdriver - replaced all three! Now I have a bit of flickering as the LED's power up and when the centre one dims - so I'm going to experiment with another brand, they're as cheap as....

Many thanks for the assistance though. 👍

Steve

I remember that mine flickered. I think it's a characteristic of LEDs used as replacements for filament bulbs where there is a slow build up in power. The filament bulbs are fed a gradually increasing voltage but it's probably a series of steps. Fine for filaments but shows up as flickers with LEDs.

When the circuitry is designed for LEDs (as in my GS300h) the voltage steps will be much smaller so no (or much less) flicker.

It's the controller you would need to sort - not the bulbs.

>>>When the circuitry is designed for LEDs (as in my GS300h) the voltage steps will be much smaller so no (or much less) flicker.

Thanks John - had no idea. It's no big deal though; the flicker is brief and the resulting white light, much cleaner and more modern looking. 👍

Cheers

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links