Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ceramic Sprays

Boomer54

I wondered if anyone had experience of using these as opposed to traditional wax for detailing their cars? If so, what is it and indeed if they were satisfied which brand did they use. Longevity of finish would be interesting also. There was a time I would not have looked for an alternative, but Arthritis in the hands makes the usual waxing a bit taxing (I was a poet and didn't know it). Any thoughts appreciated (about the ceramic and not a new career with the pen).

• Like 1

I use 303 Graphene nano spray, which I guess is the same kind of thing. I do it a panel at a time by spraying it on a microfibre sponge, wiping it on and, after two or three minutes, buffing (more of a wipe really) it off. Unlike wax it's very quick and easy to apply. I do this about once a year and it makes in between washing very easy. I also apply it to the wheels, which subsequently are easily cleaned with a wipe over wiith a wet noodle mitt. Twice a year would probably be better, but for me I find once to be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I wondered if anyone had experience of using these as opposed to traditional wax for detailing their cars? If so, what is it and indeed if they were satisfied which brand did they use. Longevity of finish would be interesting also. There was a time I would not have looked for an alternative, but Arthritis in the hands makes the usual waxing a bit taxing (I was a poet and didn't know it). Any thoughts appreciated (about the ceramic and not a new career with the pen).

I posted somewhere else on here recently that I’ve abandoned traditional waxes in favour of quick detailing sprays (whether claiming to be ceramic or not) as the finish and longevity is excellent with a rapid speed and ease of application.

One caveat - my RX had a pro-applied GTechniq ceramic coating applied when new two years ago.

I’ve been especially impressed with GTechniq c2v3, but also with Alien Magic ‘Boss’ and the CarPro product. Also worth trying those applied at the end of the wash, as I’ve been hugely impressed with Alien Magic Aqua and Gyeon Wet Coat (although there are loads available and all seem to do a good job). Even so, the Alien Magic left a finish after drying that was much the same as if I’d used a quick detailer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback lads.

From a bit of reading I wondered if applying dry rather than wet might give extra longevity. Cannot find any really hard data for that. It's more parochial views on it from some users.

If you have tried both would you think there was a difference in longevity ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

From a bit of reading I wondered if applying dry rather than wet might give extra longevity. Cannot find any really hard data for that. It's more parochial views on it from some users.

My gut feel - and that’s all it is - is that a detailer applied when the car is washed and dried lasts longer than those designed to be applied wet. The thing is though, the ‘apply wet’ and then dry with a drying towel such as Alien Magic Aqua or Gyeon Wet Coat are so quick that, especially during Winter, applying them more regularly negates the longevity aspect.

The above is totally unscientific I should add…but based on years of applying a great variety of products including high-end traditional waxes such as those from Swissvax which cost a great deal of money!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

My gut feel - and that’s all it is - is that a detailer applied when the car is washed and dried lasts longer than those designed to be applied wet. The thing is though, the ‘apply wet’ and then dry with a drying towel such as Alien Magic Aqua or Gyeon Wet Coat are so quick that, especially during Winter, applying them more regularly negates the longevity aspect.

The above is totally unscientific I should add…but based on years of applying a great variety of products including high-end traditional waxes such as those from Swissvax which cost a great deal of money!

Good point, seasonality alone could support using a wet application at least some of the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Be careful

A lot of these ceramic sprays dont actually have true ceramic in them. Its just a marketing term in the majority of these sprays. 

A true ceramic spray will require some sort of cure time, usually about 24 hours and need applying to polished, prepared paint. There is one I know of called Infinity wax synergy lite that has a 30 mins cure time and can be used outdoors. The rest of these sprays are actually just quick detailers with a bit of ceramic in there. 

• Like 3

I used Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light followed by  EXO V4 on my RX two and a half years ago and had enough left to do the SC as well 6 months later when I bought it and still am very pleased with the result. I also bought their leather treatment, plastic trim treatment and various other products probably spending about £250 overall so not cheap but the results are not far off a professional £1000 Gtechnig Ultra ceramic coating and still holding up well. Nothing seem to get through the coating. Even acidic bird pooh and tree sap just washes of easily. Since I did my ceramic coating Graphite coating has come out which many people say is better still.IMG_2124.thumb.jpeg.49ba25dc70669dbfc83028c6070b9cfd.jpegIMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.93c31c03a2ba546e84ee90872e82df09.jpeg

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links