Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

Should have mentioned by way of maintenance requires full regular applications of Harrods, Fortnum & Masons with intermediate services from Harvey Nichols. Runs off 18 year old Glenfiddich.

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, Boomer54 said:

Fuel, where under the bonnet does that go? 🤔

Thanks for giving clean engine a mention, while you have been thinking what to do next! I have been tinkering with my new, 11 Yr old Rav so far, fitted bonnet protector, resprayed wheels and calipers,  added black centre caps and wheelnuts,  carbon cill protectors, rear bumper ss protector , twin exhaust,  mudflaps, invincible badges to sides, lanoguarded underneath there is more but cannot recall at the moment, forgive me its not a Lexus🤔

20231128_145038.jpg

20231128_145028~2.jpg

20231018_160738.jpg

20231018_160742.jpg

20231128_144913.jpg

20231018_160606.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good Stew. Forgiven, it's from the same outfit. 👍

6 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Runs off 18 year old Glenfiddich.

Clearly has good taste. That's high octane Dufftown race fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

In November I was geeing myself up to launch the New Year with a serious attempt at the second SC 430 ride that I identified awhile back.

However, December has proved to be the most physically demanding month of the year since the low point of January. Quite diminished best describes it's impact upon me. Hence, I am going to step back and take a minute to make sure I do not bite off more than I can chew as it were. I will wait until I have rallied round to decide where from here.

Meanwhile, I wish you one and all a very Merry Xmas and a suitably mellowed New year !!

15 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Hold off anything to do with cars until at least 1st January then 

Happy Xmas 

I try to keep off the roads between Friday and Christmas day. Too many nutters, drunks, idiots, angry impatient folk about. Spring 2024 may be a good time to buy a second hand EV for obvious reasons. A new one seems to be a crazy idea at the moment.

If you don't get out much in the cold weather a smart trickle charger may be a good Christmas present for the motor. The Battery in my car is about 6 yrs old and loses its charge fairly quickly in cold weather if not used for longer journeys. No drama, no flat batteries but the trickle charger takes about 6 hrs to get to optimum ( maintenance ) mode.

Merry Christmas to all.

• 3 weeks later...

After shedding a Alloygator and luckily avoiding paint work damage I resolved to get the other 3 removed. That is now scheduled for Monday am. Not a DIY really. Looks  though as if I have found a good Tyre place quite local recommended to me. Small two man operation, 40yrs collective experience and niche enough to be doing higher end cars so not Kwik Fit/Halfords where they turn staff over like so quickly they never get real experience to stay in numbers.

Anyway, full job, wheels off, tyres deflated, gators removed , tyres resealed and balanced. £80 sounds ok to me. Plus may be I know where to come when I want to replace tyres in future, or even get the alloys refurbed.

I won't do the advert thing and name them, but if there is anyone local want to know where to find them they can pm me. Although let's wait for Monday to pass and make sure they are as good as I think they will be.

Next weeks getting cluttered for Lexigirl. Tyres Monday and the leather restoration work was put back to Tuesday through Friday. I'll be going cold turkey not having her there on the driveway ,but I am sure they will give me visitation rights.

• Like 2

Allogatorless now and apart from small fitting marks on the alloys which are barely noticeable and will become less so with a good wash etc generally happy with the way that went.

Less happy to learn that the leather restoration work i booked in November won't happen this week due to the trade doing the specific job will not be in this week. Given i can't have it done next week I think I will just boot them back to early March as I envisage the near future is looking cluttered  anyway.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:10 PM, Boomer54 said:

Allogatorless now and apart from small fitting marks on the alloys which are barely noticeable and will become less so with a good wash etc generally happy with the way that went.

Less happy to learn that the leather restoration work i booked in November won't happen this week due to the trade doing the specific job will not be in this week. Given i can't have it done next week I think I will just boot them back to early March as I envisage the near future is looking cluttered  anyway.

Ice box time, two woodburner days up here. Cannot get Lexigirl defrosted enough to dry off nevermind get her back under covers.

Just the weather to leave her covered up and away from the road gritting.

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Just the weather to leave her covered up and away from the road gritting.

and that fresh bottle of merlot no doubt 😉

Malc

3 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

and that fresh bottle of merlot no doubt 😉

Malc

They are always 'fresh' in this house. Hardly get to warm the wine rack before getting uncorked.

• Haha 1

Lexigirl is due that wash and buff today as it's blue sky and dry so now is the time to strike before the weather changes again which it will. Anyway shock horror she has made two trips without a wash in between ! It really will not do. She needs to be looking her best when I bring her boyfriend home and there is a potential one now on the horizon.

As soon as you get around the corner it will start raining and a dozen birds will cr-p on it.  It happened to me!

Don't forget that hopefully the rain will have washed away the salt - fingers crossed.

How to remove bird poop from a car | Carbuyer

7 minutes ago, GMB said:

As soon as you get around the corner it will start raining and a dozen birds will cr-p on it.  It happened to me!

Don't forget that hopefully the rain will have washed away the salt - fingers crossed.

How to remove bird poop from a car | Carbuyer

I don't think so. Lancashire birds tend to like crapping on Range Rovers so that's what you get by having a better class of bird. 🤨

• Haha 1

Lancashire birds always were a discriminating lot. They have certainly gone up in my estimation for their Range Rover tactics. They seem to like the black ones best.

On 1/22/2024 at 12:15 PM, Boomer54 said:

Lexigirl is due that wash and buff today as it's blue sky and dry so now is the time to strike before the weather changes again which it will. Anyway shock horror she has made two trips without a wash in between ! It really will not do. She needs to be looking her best when I bring her boyfriend home and there is a potential one now on the horizon.

A Milk Float then  🤥

Malc 

11 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Stephen ……. you’re perusing the Lexus EV posts presumably  …… or might your grass cutting hay making and leather saddle skills be honed a little 🤥

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Stephen ……. you’re perusing the Lexus EV posts presumably  …… or might your grass cutting hay making and leather saddle skills be honed a little 🤥

Malc 

Malc I would if it came to it rather be riding a sit on lawnmower than an EV. The accountant in me his mortally offended by the idea of spending money in such a way it has no economic case whatsoever unless of course you are 30 years old and zooming through 20k + miles a year trying to climb the greasy pole of a career, and it's all somebodys tax write off.

For us there is an inarguable case for burn that V8 candle to a nub and go out smiling at how ridiculously cheap motoring pleasure can be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Older Ls400s very inexpensive motoring V8 fun fun fun for many many simple motoring years without too many tears

Your Sc430  will work out similarly if you take a sensible practical approach to maintenance and spending only what you have to spare on her ……. and I’m sure that’s the way you’ll  be 

the way forward  is simply to enjoy all you have as best you can and ENJOY 

As I enjoy my 1932 Triumph Southern Cross  Sports Tourer ….. that’s me as the passenger just before end of last year …… jeez it was sooooo cold that day nr. Newmarket 😂🥶😂

Malc 

IMG_3224.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

that’s me as the passenger

OMG that's you in 1932!  You have my utmost admiration. I wish I looked that good.

Don't you get the feeling that us "proper" engine  enthusiasts ( and I don't mean just V8s but tuned fours and sixes ) are a bit like dinosaurs. And what a shame that those glory days will soon be over if it is down to current government thinking.  Sad really.😱

20 minutes ago, GMB said:

OMG that's you in 1932!  You have my utmost admiration. I wish I looked that good.

Don't you get the feeling that us "proper" engine  enthusiasts ( and I don't mean just V8s but tuned fours and sixes ) are a bit like dinosaurs. And what a shame that those glory days will soon be over if it is down to current government thinking.  Sad really.😱

But but but it’s almost ONLY in the UK and much of the eu ….. everywhere else just loves 4ltr V8s and “ real” engines AND will continue that way FOREVER …….. we are so hooked on the dopey notion that the UK rules the world in pollution affect ……. when we’re possibly just exporting all our older  “ real” cars to much of the rest of the known oft impoverished world …… lots of Africa maybe 

EVs for the UK with BYD in China especially and normal petrol / diesel vehicles for ever everywhere else maybe ….. we might be a tiny minority of course 🤥

An irrelevance in motoring pollution globally !  

Malc 

I’m sure Lexus V8s will survive everywhere …… even here, especially deepest darkest Kent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

But but but it’s almost ONLY in the UK and much of the eu ….. everywhere else just loves 4ltr V8s and “ real” engines AND will continue that way FOREVER …….. we are so hooked on the dopey notion that the UK rules the world in pollution affect ……. when we’re possibly just exporting all our older  “ real” cars to much of the rest of the known oft impoverished world …… lots of Africa maybe 

EVs for the UK with BYD in China especially and normal petrol / diesel vehicles for ever everywhere else maybe ….. we might be a tiny minority of course 🤥

An irrelevance in motoring pollution globally !  

Malc 

I’m sure Lexus V8s will survive everywhere …… even here, especially deepest darkest Kent 

If an Englishmans home is his castle then surely his V8 is his holiday home? 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

If an Englishmans home is his castle then surely his V8 is his holiday home? 🤨

I gave up my "castle" donkeys years back and bought my permanent " holiday home " to live in .......  couldn't see the point in not .............  and my cars are just an extension of the possibly slightly eccentric ME  🤣

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links