Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's with this weather?

Lexiguy

I fail to see any pattern in this weather, yesterday it was really windy with torrential rain all day. More of the same was forecast today but now its all changed. Beautiful hot sunshine so its top down and have a run over the Pennines and back. Every day like this I think it may be the last for this year. 

Enjoy my friends, enjoy!!

20230921_110058.thumb.jpg.dfd2c0b988037912a1c9a5c053381876.jpg

• Like 5

Absolutely same here. Drove over to Lytham, promenaded her all down the front and back. Short stop to reload the CD, but really just an excuse to give the drinkers out front something to drool over.

After B....y covid and unrelated health issues cast a blot over the last 3 years + then doing something like drive a beautiful car with the sun in my face, music I love in my ears.. who knows it finally feels like I have a life coming back. Colour me smiling and thank you Mr Jones.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 9/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, Lexiguy said:

I fail to see any pattern in this weather, yesterday it was really windy with torrential rain all day. More of the same was forecast today but now its all changed. Beautiful hot sunshine so its top down and have a run over the Pennines and back. Every day like this I think it may be the last for this year. 

Enjoy my friends, enjoy!!

20230921_110058.thumb.jpg.dfd2c0b988037912a1c9a5c053381876.jpg

If you lived down south you would get many more of these days!

We have had crazy weather this September - really warm at night as well. Climate change is here WEATHER we like it or not!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

We have had crazy weather this September - really warm at night as well. Climate change is here WEATHER we like it or not!

Plus typically, it is always a couple of degrees warmer down there than up here. Having said that, 'Confucious say RA no like warm, Ra wonderful cold'. Indeed , it is a paradox that RA likes cold and Osteo likes warm. Easily solved I will send my knees South and the rest of me stays in the North. Apologies, this stuff is also on my mind today as I woke and could tell the Cortisone is wearing off so getting ready for some not so good days.

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

Plus typically, it is always a couple of degrees warmer down there than up here. Having said that, 'Confucious say RA no like warm, Ra wonderful cold'.

RA?  Another northern term? By gum you speak right foreign!

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

RA?  Another northern term? By gum you speak right foreign!

😏 RA = Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteo = Osteoarthritis. I got the lucky ticket of having the former above the waist and the latter below the waist. Obviously 'god' didn't want to leave anything out.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Well apart from a very few days in early September when it was about average down here in North Devon (while in London it was very hot), it's been a pretty poor summer.  We have had so much rain I can't cut the grass or get much needed weed killer down.  Yet only this week has South West Water lifted the hose pipe ban. Managed a water bucket wash of the RX recently only to be subject to a wall of wash from a Lorry coming the other way.  Well at least I can hose it down next time  ..........no blow it, it's due for a service next month, I'll let them do it at dealership.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

😏 RA = Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteo = Osteoarthritis. I got the lucky ticket of having the former above the waist and the latter below the waist. Obviously 'god' didn't want to leave anything out.

Sorry Stephen, did not know!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I think the sunniest part of the UK is around Essex and even Kent ( the garden of England - Winemakers' heaven ). The only problem is that the Whippet gets sunburnt easily and would miss his occasional 'tater pie.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Here's the view yesterday from the Trough of Bowland on route for a midday meal at the Inn At Whitewell.

Hills.jpg

hills3.jpg

hills2.jpg

Booootiful 

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links