Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Exhaust Replacement

Domin007

Hi guys, 

So after replacing the rear exhaust very recently, the car decided it doesn't want its center piece either!

Its now breaking off at the resonator, clamp side. I just wondered if anyone has any links to decent replacements or knows any quirks associated with a aftermarket replacement? Like issues with o2 sensors etc?

(Lexus quoted £1800 LOL, but 700 for the rear piece...)

I found this on eBay and it looks decent https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144955219203?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjw69moBhBgEiwAUFCx2K_6O--7Bj9wJ7zOCpWrlo-pRmKNhonYiU94dcKJeHhe9usEZgvyZRoCmd4QAvD_BwE

Any feedback is much appreciated

Dom

On 9/29/2023 at 2:39 PM, Domin007 said:

Hi guys, 

So after replacing the rear exhaust very recently, the car decided it doesn't want its center piece either!

Its now breaking off at the resonator, clamp side. I just wondered if anyone has any links to decent replacements or knows any quirks associated with a aftermarket replacement? Like issues with o2 sensors etc?

(Lexus quoted £1800 LOL, but 700 for the rear piece...)

I found this on Ebay and it looks decent https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144955219203?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjw69moBhBgEiwAUFCx2K_6O--7Bj9wJ7zOCpWrlo-pRmKNhonYiU94dcKJeHhe9usEZgvyZRoCmd4QAvD_BwE

Any feedback is much appreciated

Dom

Exact same thing happened to me, when you replace the exhaust back boxes the mid pipe if far enough along tend to go aswell. I ended up getting this and it turned out to be a perfect fit and replacement, it has a higher purity in the metals and the car has been running beautifully smooth since I had this fitted. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234890664854

1 hour ago, McShmoopy said:

Exact same thing happened to me, when you replace the exhaust back boxes the mid pipe if far enough along tend to go aswell. I ended up getting this and it turned out to be a perfect fit and replacement, it has a higher purity in the metals and the car has been running beautifully smooth since I had this fitted. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234890664854

Nice, good to hear!

I went for the one i linked, getting it fitted on Friday!

11 hours ago, scudney said:

Thought you might have considered a stainless steel cat back 🤔

I have and that would have been the best option, but spending between 1.5-2k for a new exhaust is not part of my plan at this stage of ownership...
(Not saying i don't care about the car, its got full Lexus history and they fix 99% of issues if they ever appear)

7 minutes ago, scudney said:

I don't think a cat back stainless steel exhaust would cost you anywhere near 1.5-2k

I have been quoted 700+ from a local place just for the rear section so i assume it would be another 700 ish for the middle.

Just had this fitted, the garage struggled to fit it as it came with clamps that were too small and didnt come with any gaskets.

Its got an annoying drone at low rpm, when setting off and at bang on 2k revs...

I dont mind the sound difference (which is minimal) but the drone is BAD! I dont think its something that settles, is it? Should i take it back for them to check or get back to the seller and complain, as i am not keeping that on the car with that drone!!

• Sad 1

Okay so ...

The drone turned out to be bad fitment of the clamps that the garage fitted, they rammed the bolts into the heatshield which must have caused the vibrations to resonate through to the cabin.

They also caked it with sealant.

I've flipped them to face each other and now its fine, sounds ok so far, drone is gone. 

PXL_20231010_121952634.jpg

PXL_20231010_121955363.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links