Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX350H Puddle Lights

Like several others on this forum have commented, I too was disappointed to find my new NX350H (with Premium Pack), doesn't have door puddle lights. Penny pinching by Lexus indeed!

However, there are blanking covers on the drivers and passenger doors, and behind them a small connector is wired in. So I'm looking for recommendations from members as to what after market options there are that I can fit; OEM as much anything official from Lexus.

Searching the US Lexus parts site, I've found item 81230-11030 which claims it will fit the NX 2023 model - https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus_2023_NX/Courtesy-Light-Left--Right/69489950/8123011030.html

The UK Lexus parts site lists that part against the UX, with nothing found for the NX - https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-ux-phase-1-front-door-courtesy-light-assembly

If I search the net for OEM options, I've come across this reasonably priced Vepara product on amazon, but it doesn't list as being compatible with the NX (though the UX is listed!) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/VEPARA-Projector-Courtesy-Compatible-Accessories/dp/B0BGC5JF67

Has anyone fitted after market puddle lights to the NX350H (possibly the above Vepara product), and if so what would be their recommendation?

I plan to get some of these puddle lights, seems the small plug is the same across UX and NX phase 2:

https://www.addcarlights.com/product/lexus-logo-door-lights-car-ghost/

I am also planning of upgrading the rear puddle light - PT944-78221, haven't found a UK seller though - as shown in:

Peter

My Nx350H premium pack with Lexus link pro has came with puddle lights. They are in the door handles. One light shines behind the handle and another one points down to the ground to show puddles. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, szhrmp said:

I plan to get some of these puddle lights, seems the small plug is the same across UX and NX phase 2:

https://www.addcarlights.com/product/lexus-logo-door-lights-car-ghost/

I can recommend these. I installed the same ones in my 350h over a year ago and they are still perfect. And at a fraction of the price of the Lexus OEM ones too.

Just be sure to check first that you have the necessary wiring behind the blanking plate in each front door. Also, if ordering, choose the "small plug" option on the order page.

NiCoRe

Posted June 5

On 6/4/2023 at 10:22 PM,  Harry Junior said: 

Interesting. Looks 'brilliant'  - may I have the details please?

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004763261572.html...

Select 22NX model
A 5 minute job, truly plug and play. Use plastic tool to pop out the stock puddle light

Mine only has the "Toc H" lamp (led) glowing on the underside of the door handles, so decided to order something brighter, namely the ones listed above from Addcarlights.

Post order, they emailed me to confirm the vehicle spec and year to make sure they dispatched the right connector size. Am still waiting on international delivery, but will report back once they arrive and get fitted. 

I thought the light that pointed downwards in the door handle was the puddle lights, when I looked further into this I have now realised that the puddle lights are the ones that are at the bottom of the front doors, which mine does not have. 
Been in to see my dealer this morning with a couple of issues from collecting the car, map updates and rear number plate has been put on squint. 
While I was there Mentioned the puddle lights and he checked on the computer against my number plate what should actually come with the car and they should have been fitted. 
He is going to get the parts and retrofit them at there cost. 
let’s hope this happens. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, Gaazzared said:

I thought the light that pointed downwards in the door handle was the puddle lights, when I looked further into this I have now realised that the puddle lights are the ones that are at the bottom of the front doors, which mine does not have. 
Been in to see my dealer this morning with a couple of issues from collecting the car, map updates and rear number plate has been put on squint. 
While I was there Mentioned the puddle lights and he checked on the computer against my number plate what should actually come with the car and they should have been fitted. 
He is going to get the parts and retrofit them at there cost. 
let’s hope this happens. 

Had confirmation from my dealer and on MY24 models the puddle lights are in the handles. So all good. 

7 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Had confirmation from my dealer and on MY24 models the puddle lights are in the handles. So all good. 

really? my 24 model has the puddle lights on the bottom of the (inside) door. 

My NX was also cited as an early MY24 model, but didn't come with puddle lights at the bottom of the door. Hence me opening this topic, and deciding to order after-market ones from Addcarlights. Maybe I too should have gone back to the dealer, but I've had the car a few months now, and Lexus have possibly updated the product specs in the meantime.

I think the LED in the bottom of the door handle is simply to show you where the handle is. It's not bright enough to illuminate any sort of puddle; hence my reference to a Toc H lamp.

Ok, I stand corrected.

Have just been into the garage, and yes, the door handle LED does illuminate the ground below the door, but it's not bright enough to see much, and it's the wrong side of the door when you open it. 

szhrmp's post shows the additional light at the bottom of the door once opened, shining towards the sill, but only on the Takumi spec it would seem.

Happy to say the Addcarlights package arrived today, and as others have suggested it only took 5 minutes to install them. Here's an after dark picture of the result.

image.thumb.jpeg.8348c5b142cb7aaca5768b035864e461.jpeg

Sharp image, good light distribution. What's not to like?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 8:35 PM, Fusspot said:

Happy to say the Addcarlights package arrived today, and as others have suggested it only took 5 minutes to install them. Here's an after dark picture of the result.

image.thumb.jpeg.8348c5b142cb7aaca5768b035864e461.jpeg

Sharp image, good light distribution. What's not to like?

Apologies if I am missing something here. Where are you actually installing the lights?

I have a NX 450 with the Premium Pack option. It has puddle lights in the front door handles, which as have been previously stated are not very bright.

I have spoken to the supplying Dealer, who has said that it is correct - no mention of lights at bottom of door. There is one circular plastic blanking plug at the bottom of the door, however there was no connector behind it, just a bolt securing the black plastic trim to the bottom of the door.

• Like 1

Spoke more in depth with the dealer and the puddle lights that are stated on there website and list that the dealer as access to and are only available on the Takumi option and the puddle lights are actually in the underside of the wing mirrors. 
The lights inside the doors are courtesy welcome lights  

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

Apologies if I am missing something here. Where are you actually installing the lights?

I have a NX 450 with the Premium Pack option. It has puddle lights in the front door handles, which as have been previously stated are not very bright.

I have spoken to the supplying Dealer, who has said that it is correct - no mention of lights at bottom of door. There is one circular plastic blanking plug at the bottom of the door, however there was no connector behind it, just a bolt securing the black plastic trim to the bottom of the door.

On my NX350H (MY24) I have circular plastic blanking plugs at the bottom of the rear doors, but on the drivers and passenger doors in the middle at the bottom, there are rectangular (ish) plastic blanking plates with clips behind which is a wired in connector. 

Lexus have evidently changed their minds over how best to furnish puddle / courtesy lights, but in my view a light in the bottom of the door handle or mirror might be too far away to be effective. 

Thank you Gary and Pete

It would make sense if it was Takami only. However my car. like Pete's is a Y24 model.

Photos attached - circular blanking plate on all four doors

BottomOfDoor.jpg

DoorMirror.jpg

16 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Thank you Gary and Pete

It would make sense if it was Takami only. However my car. like Pete's is a Y24 model.

BottomOfDoor.jpg

DoorMirror.jpg

I think the circular blanking plates are a drain cap. I could be wrong though. 
I take your model is the Takumi with having the camera under the wing mirror. 

24 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Thank you Gary and Pete

BottomOfDoor.jpg

DoorMirror.jpg

I believe those plastic caps are to allow access to the nut which helps secure the plastic trim on the bottom (outside) of each door.

17 hours ago, MarcG said:

Thank you Gary and Pete

BottomOfDoor.jpg

DoorMirror.jpg

As has been stated by others, the circular blanking plate in your photo is not related to the door puddle lights. The blanking plate that is related to the puddle lights can be found slightly above the circular plate - it's a small rectangular shaped plate that is part of the black plastic door trim. As far as I know, all specifications of the Gen 2 NX should at least have the plate in each of the front doors. I believe that whether the plate has the necessary wiring behind it may depend on what specification you have. Once you have found each plate (carefully) use a small screwdriver or car trim removal tool to prise the plate off and check to see if the wiring exists. If it does then it's a simple 10 minute job to wire up the lights.

For what it's worth, my 2022 Premium Plus NX350h had the wiring.

23 hours ago, Hayzee said:

I believe those plastic caps are to allow access to the nut which helps secure the plastic trim on the bottom (outside) of each door.

6 hours ago, Andy B said:

As has been stated by others, the circular blanking plate in your photo is not related to the door puddle lights. The blanking plate that is related to the puddle lights can be found slightly above the circular plate - it's a small rectangular shaped plate that is part of the black plastic door trim. As far as I know, all specifications of the Gen 2 NX should at least have the plate in each of the front doors. I believe that whether the plate has the necessary wiring behind it may depend on what specification you have. Once you have found each plate (carefully) use a small screwdriver or car trim removal tool to prise the plate off and check to see if the wiring exists. If it does then it's a simple 10 minute job to wire up the lights.

For what it's worth, my 2022 Premium Plus NX350h had the wiring.

I've had the circular blanking plate off, and as Colin says the only thing behind it is a nut securing the black plastic trim.

To be fair, I didn't pay much attention to the black plastic trim so I'll recheck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links