Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all, I'm a long-time watcher, finally taken the plunge and signed up!

I have an '99 IS200 (which I will unfortunately have to sell due to it not being ULEZ compliant and my living inside the M25) and also an '06 GS300.

My GS300 has had problems for quite a while, meaning I haven't driven it as much. However, due to ULEZ, the IS200 isn't feasible to keep driving so I really need the GS300 working and so I have had a go at getting it up to scratch.

Basically, the Battery was completely dead. I had to use my NOCO booster every time to start the car and disconnect the negative when not in use to try to preserve the 20-30% life it had in it. I believe the Battery went dead due to it being charged/ discharged too many times.

So, I replaced the Battery and set about trying to find the drain. I had the amp-clamp around the neg lead of the Battery with the car completely off and observed approx 0.65-0.75A. I ensured the door and hood switches were seen as closed by the car then went around checking for voltage across every fuse, with none of them showing voltage across them. I also went around pulling every fuse to see if that would get the draw to drop but it was still there.

IMG_1444.thumb.jpeg.9b714a7f9a7d18c7ccfb39ffac7fd204.jpeg

I also tried removed the cable for the alternator, to see if that would get it to drop but still nothing (I have highlighted the terminal I removed - I think I got the right cable but am not certain):

IMG_1455.thumb.PNG.f783d533ce0e3832aa0a80ec88fb73b2.PNG   IMG_1456.thumb.PNG.ac393b1655cd51d6d1c7f736fb0b8fa6.PNG

I have got the stage where I don't know what else to think / do. I'd really appreciate any help on whether someone has seen this before or any known causes - or just any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated as driving the IS200 is costing me a small fortune that I don't have!

Nice to meet you all and thanks in advance for any help whatsoever,

E_P

2 hours ago, en_passant said:

I also went around pulling every fuse to see if that would get the draw to drop but it was still there.

Never pull fuses when looking for a parasitic drain. You need the car to be completely 'asleep' but pulling fuses could wake up something and give you a false positive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links