Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery advice

I have disconnected and removed the radio/cassette/cd unit a number of times without needing to recode the radio. (Mine is a Mark Levinson unit). Disconnecting the unit from the power supply will presumably have the same effect as disconnecting the Battery

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just to add to this thread.
I have recently bought an SC430 with a non operational Mark Levinson sound system.
I located a blown 5A component fuse on the main pcb which had a dry joint so managed to revive the unit.
I have been experimenting with it and I get the feeling that the head unit and amp section can get out of sync in the setup of Balance, Pan, Bass, Mid and Treble sections.
Once happy with its operation, I re-centered all the head controls to "zero" and then disconnected the earth Battery cable for 30 mins or so in order to re-sync both elements.
I may be wrong but I certainly feel the default is now true and I can reach all extremes available in their range.
Obviously this may be the case anytime you disconnect the Battery for other reasons.
Hope this helps

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links