Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's time to fuel up

Finally after 6 weeks and 360 miles of stop/start traffic with no dual or motorway driving, I'm on 1 bar now just 2 questions 

Should I fill up now straight away or wait till the warning light comes on 

Do I use normal Unleaded Fuel? Or the supreme fuel, I think the dealer did mention normal Unleaded, I just want to make sure. Thanks 

High mileage people tend to only fill up when empty.

I normally fill up when below half as my local station is quite unreliable and often runs out of fuel.

Anywhere in between is perfectly fine but do NOT run out of fuel.

Normal Unleaded petrol will be fine.

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

High mileage people tend to only fill up when empty.

I normally fill up when below half as my local station is quite unreliable and often runs out of fuel.

Anywhere in between is perfectly fine but do NOT run out of fuel.

Normal Unleaded petrol will be fine.

Thanks for that, I think when you hit 1 bar it's time to fill up 👍

As I make a point of charging up from home each night and most trips are around 30 miles, very rarely do i call at a petrol station....more so at todays prices!

However when I do [assuming no long trips]  I always fill to no more than a 50%.  Cannot see the point of lugging around a heavy full tank of fuel if not required.

1 hour ago, Mobeam said:

As I make a point of charging up from home each night and most trips are around 30 miles, very rarely do i call at a petrol station....more so at todays prices!

However when I do [assuming no long trips]  I always fill to no more than a 50%.  Cannot see the point of lugging around a heavy full tank of fuel if not required.

Once upon a time a few tight-fisted scots decided to journey to the bright lights of the South. However, being tight they did not pack enough food for the trip and so they came to rest in Yorkshire whereupon thee set up home. So millennia later having honed their skills at making a half penny do the work of a full penny they 'charge home each night' to fill up at their neighbours  😉 Each  person does the same,but the fella on the end gets poorer by the year.

I think as a Yorkshireman born and bred I might be allowed to poke a bit of fun at the sterotype.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I think as a Yorkshireman born and bred I might be allowed to poke a bit of fun at the sterotype.

My father was a yorkshireman so I do not have to show my passport at Huddersfield at the new M62 checkpoint.

He told me that the Scottish mothers put thistles in their childrens' pockets in order to teach them to be thrifty. However, in Yorkshire, I hear that their pockets are actually sewn up so that they cannot give any change.

Here in sunny Lancashire we have very little money due to the high cost of breeding Whippets, not to mention the price of pies.

Sorry to be such a xenophobe 👳‍♂️

• Haha 1

I often pass a Costco with a fuel station. I always buy their Premium fuel - pricing is often cheaper than my local station’s normal unleaded! Wouldn’t pay the (often) 20p premium for premium fuel anywhere else, as definitely not worth it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links