Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to purchase a SC430

Craig_f

52 minutes ago, Bob King said:

I tried classic insurance with my latest SC, being a 2007 they just laughed !

Think the quote came back at over £700 !

My current insurance came up trumps with multi cover at £165 😎

Groan, more or less what classic charged me. Unfortunately, my NCD had lapsed and the next best quote was £1500+. Who offered the multi cover Bob?  Next year I might jst look at putting it in my wifes name.

14 hours ago, Bob King said:

Liverpool Victoria 👍🏻

That's interesting. I have a multi car policy with them for the RX and SC and the SC is £337 with 2 years NCD on the SC. If I hadn't told them about the throttle controller fitted it would have been £317.  That was in May this year. The previous year was £220. I am 72 years old so perhaps that is why or because someone keyed my BMW in 2019 so that was a claim with a different insurer although it was said it wouldn't affect my NCD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

although it was said it wouldn't affect my NCD.

I would treat all their assurances as superficial and unworthy ......  they don't lie, they just tell and advise mistruths 

Vagabonds the lot of 'em  ............ in your and my 55 years of insuring cars Glyn we've never seen such mouthy-mealed two faced robbery by the insurance companies as we are seeing today 

Malc

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Craig_f said:

Still looking for the right one, with so much concern over the condition of the underbodies would there be any merit in trying to get one imported from Japan.

Worth considering for body condition or a particular colour combination if you can cope with all of the differences in specification. 

Cheap one in Morecambe if you are handy with spanners. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1068200107650446/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A1132125a-c86a-4d08-b035-398524ce46c7

ABS light, needs a new cat, TPMS light, timing belt due in 7000 miles, galactic miles......but £1750 and Lexus maintained.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Cheap one in Morecambe if you are handy with spanners. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1068200107650446/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A1132125a-c86a-4d08-b035-398524ce46c7

ABS light, needs a new cat, TPMS light, timing belt due in 7000 miles, galactic miles......but £1750 and Lexus maintained.

Barely run in for a 3UZ.....and no mention of rust. That's a good price for a bit of summer fun if it's been properly serviced.  Probably mostly easy fixes but there may be a few other tired components if the usual suspects haven't needed to be replaced so far. The drivetrain will last for a very long time without too much abuse and regular maintenance. Most of the cars in this age range, even with low mileage, are soon going to need some items like exhaust, radiators, shocks, bushes, brakes, etc. 

Don’t know what all the fuss is with worrying about Underside Rust

Has one ever appeared for sale or known of that’s had anything other than simple insignificant colouring of surface rust ? 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Don’t know what all the fuss is with worrying about Underside Rust

Has one ever appeared for sale or known of that’s had anything other than simple insignificant colouring of surface rust ? 

Malc 

Yes a few examples including some with very nice paintwork.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neil E said:

Barely run in for a 3UZ.....and no mention of rust. That's a good price for a bit of summer fun if it's been properly serviced.  Probably mostly easy fixes but there may be a few other tired components if the usual suspects haven't needed to be replaced so far. The drivetrain will last for a very long time without too much abuse and regular maintenance. Most of the cars in this age range, even with low mileage, are soon going to need some items like exhaust, radiators, shocks, bushes, brakes, etc. 

Might sound a little 'off' ,but i like this one, because whoever has owned it for quite a long time now has put a goodly amount of miles on it every year. Follow my thinking here. A guy does that then he has also probably serviced and maintained it right, because he know he drives it a lot and needs it stand up. Plus you can afford to the petrol in that to do those miles then you can afford to do the work. Someone putting a 1,000 a year on it for years on end is much more likely to have avoided all that and put up with whatever is deteriorating.

Just my thoughts. If that were not silver I would seriously consider it as a 2nd car to keep the miles down on my 1st car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Might sound a little 'off' ,but i like this one, because whoever has owned it for quite a long time now has put a goodly amount of miles on it every year. Follow my thinking here. A guy does that then he has also probably serviced and maintained it right, because he know he drives it a lot and needs it stand up. Plus you can afford to the petrol in that to do those miles then you can afford to do the work. Someone putting a 1,000 a year on it for years on end is much more likely to have avoided all that and put up with whatever is deteriorating.

Just my thoughts. If that were not silver I would seriously consider it as a 2nd car to keep the miles down on my 1st car.

You're spot on with the servicing and the probable maintenance ......  looks a great car to me from the ad etc AND will probably outlast us all here whatever

If I was in the market for a good value ( probably ) Sc430 I'd be up there like a shot

That number plate must be of some little value too 

Don't understand how no one here has been to see it and grab it ,,,  jeeez £1750 .  the car's got to be worth double that !

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

You're spot on with the servicing and the probable maintenance ......  looks a great car to me from the ad etc AND will probably outlast us all here whatever

If I was in the market for a good value ( probably ) Sc430 I'd be up there like a shot

That number plate must be of some little value too 

Don't understand how no one here has been to see it and grab it ,,,  jeeez £1750 .  the car's got to be worth double that !

Malc

The guy selling it nailed it, it's mileage. Now you know and I know that's probably irrelevant really, but many buyers look at that mileage and walk hence the price to get them to look not walk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Probably good for another 200k miles at least …… bequeathe to the grandchildren 🤩

Go get it Stephen ….. for posterity 😂

Malc 

I'll fess up, thought about it, and sent a message of questions on it. All things being equal I could live with the colour. Keep you posted.

30 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Sold

Probably just as well. I might have been risking the wrath of the general. My fall back plan of "Darling, see what Santas brought me", was probably doomed to leave me more stuffed than the Xmas Turkey.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

more stuffed than the Xmas Turkey

Take the turkey out of the Bacofoil and wrap it around your key. Don't put the key in the turkey in the bacofoil. That will foil the thieves around Preston.

Did you see that --- "foil" the thieves.  It makes me physically sick to see what "funny" quips turn up. I Promise no more until January 2024.

• Like 1

Just buy it and put up with the pain and suffering from the Missus that will undoubtably follow. That's what I do and I am still here although a little battered.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Showed my wife a picture of my proposed indulgence and she thought it looked classy. This from someone who has less than zero interest in cars.

Dover.jpg

Exactly! Je ne sais quoi.

11 minutes ago, GMB said:

Just buy it and put up with the pain and suffering from the Missus that will undoubtably follow. That's what I do and I am still here although a little battered.

Fess up, not just battered ,but on wife no 9 and in cat lore that's game over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links