Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys, I might be putting my ls400 and my little suzuki swift for sale, I'm still thinking about it.

I got my eye on another Lexus, and I know I cant keep 3 cars. 

My ls400 is a dhp, and lpg converted, the lpg is behind the filler flap, no holes in the body. I've owned it twice, bought it back in 2020, since then I've had the cambelt and waterpump replaced, serviced every year, new rear upper arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, new spring, new wheel bearing, new rear handbrake cables, new Battery,sparkplugs, air filter etc, its green, and in good condition, it does couple of Mark's here and there, if I was picky, there are 2 stone chips on the bonnet and I think I would get thr bonnet resprayed, it's not bad at all, but I'm just being picky. It passed mot last month, this time with no advisories, I was so happy with this, i have been using lanoguard since after last years mot, and its dealt with the surface rust underneath nicely. It's done I think around 114000 miles, dave at lex tek knows my car as he was the one who fitted new cam cover gaskets and drive belt and got me a spare key, so I have 3 keys for it

As I say, I'm still thinking about it, I hardly drive it, only on long motorway journeys to Scotland to see my little daugher

OMG  ...........  keep the Ls400 for sure . she'll last you at least another lifetime .........  you'll never find another car like it .......... but you know that anyway !

Good luck with deciding correctly

just get to use it a lot more eh !

Malc

4 hours ago, messi said:

I hardly drive it, only on long motorway journeys to Scotland 

Not an easy one, as since my heart attack the missus has been doing the long distance driving with me as passenger in Mazda MX2.  Really missed the comfort (and quiteness) of a big car, and I suspect my only pottering about on my LS, was one reason why it complained and got old really quickly..  

So on Monday going to have a go at driving up to Cumbria in my E350, which IMHO is quieter then the LS, but no where near as comfortable, but determined not to let the E350 suffer the same 'lack of decent runs' syndrome my LS died of.

Another thought is doing same as a mate of mine did a few years back. When he has an LS, he leant it to a mate to make sure it got used, and then nabbed it back for a week or so when he needed it for the long runs.

• Like 2

I try to use each of mine every other day to make sure they keep in fine fettle 

Use her even a very little as often as possible but primarily …… KEEP HER 

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links