Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering wheel locks

KenEL

Before I take possession, I want to buy a ‘Disklok’ steering wheel lock for my Lexus ES300h 2023. 

Does anyone know from experience if the small Disklok will fit please? The dimensions of the steering wheel given to me by Lexus leads me to believe the small one might be too small and the medium might be too big. 

Thanks 

Ken

You should also buy a Faraday pouch or case to block the signal from your keys if you are worried about having the car stolen. You are an easy target if the car is kept on the driveway, close to the car keys. No signal from your keys = no access to the car = no car stolen.

When I'm away at someone else's house I put the key into SLEEP mode, which stops the key from sending any signal (acts like a Faraday pouch). See video below:

Anything to make it harder for thieves helps.

1 hour ago, mister_johnn said:

You are an easy target if the car is kept on the driveway, close to the car keys. No signal from your keys = no access to the car = no car stolen.

My keys were in Faraday pouches, they took the car using the canbus method, accessing the wiring through the front wing. Didnt matter about the keys. And the cut through the steering wheel to remove the lock.

Yes, they used the canbus hack to get my car. Keys were not cloned. I’m using a steering wheel lock as a deterrent, I know the best one can be removed in about 3 minutes. Hopefully the immobiliser and the posts on the drive will prevent them taking the car…..got to do something. If this car goes I won’t be getting another Lexus which will be very sad. 

I have a small Disklok that I use from time to time. I already had it for use on my TR4a and it fits fine.

i asked a neighbour who is an upholsterer to make a condom to cover the wheel to avoid damage and recommend this as a good idea. The Disklok has some internal protection but it doesn’t do anything when fitting or removing, ie when damage is most likely to occur. The condom is made from a strip of exercise latex and takes about two seconds to fit and doesn’t impinge at all on the Disklok.

5 minutes ago, Sandandlime said:

I have a small Disklok that I use from time to time. I already had it for use on my TR4a and it fits fine.

i asked a neighbour who is an upholsterer to make a condom to cover the wheel to avoid damage and recommend this as a good idea. The Disklok has some internal protection but it doesn’t do anything when fitting or removing, ie when damage is most likely to occur. The condom is made from a strip of exercise latex and takes about two seconds to fit and doesn’t impinge at all on the Disklok.

At least you are driving 'safely'.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Derant said:

My keys were in Faraday pouches, they took the car using the canbus method, accessing the wiring through the front wing. Didnt matter about the keys. And the cut through the steering wheel to remove the lock.

Hmmmm... It may sound strange, but... You can buy a personal alarm or purse alarm, attach a wire from the alarm (under the seat) to the driver's door (maybe steering wheel) and leave some space to disable it. It works like a grenade pin, once is out the alarm will go on and on until the Battery dies, is very loud and I'm sure this will put off any thief. I might do this myself and update everyone with a post. Maybe even attached to the wiring harness from the headlight.

Sorry to hear about your car, I didn't read properly and thought that they used the key signal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links