Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How much? !!!

It would be illegal and therefore not for discussion on these forums.

There are companies that offer the updates cheaper than Lexus directly. Toyotamaps.online for example - not sure how they get them so cheap but as Toyota hasn't shut down down I'll assume they are just selling illegal copies.

1 hour ago, Al D-Much said:

Ok, ok I'm a cheap skate, does anyone know how to update maps for free via USB or something?

So you think the engineers working for Lexus to produce these updates don’t need food on their table or a roof over their head. 

On 11/14/2023 at 5:44 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

So you think the engineers working for Lexus to produce these updates don’t need food on their table or a roof over their head. 

Relax pal!
The costs could be covered from within, a hidden extra in your servicing costs, initial purchase price, could even be passed on through the price of the used approved dealership cars.
There are many apps that provide it as a free service, even without you having to buy anything in the first place.
A little gift here and there goes a very long way with customers. Especially customers willing to part with £40k - £50k+ for a luxury status brand vehicle.

Or perhaps have a low monthly sub for example:  "Only £11.99 pcm for Lexus piece of mind, no matter where you are in a Lexus, Lexus will get you there"
Even the strap line writes itself, well, I wrote it. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:38 PM, ColinBarber said:

It would be illegal and therefore not for discussion on these forums.

There are companies that offer the updates cheaper than Lexus directly. Toyotamaps.online for example - not sure how they get them so cheap but as Toyota hasn't shut down down I'll assume they are just selling illegal copies.

How it that illegal exactly?
Other countries / car brands provide their map updates for free over USB and DIT it, or offer a dealer visit solution at a price, that's how my old EVO-X was sorted annually.
Hence asking the question

10 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

How it that illegal exactly?
Other countries / car brands provide their map updates for free over USB and DIT it, or offer a dealer visit solution at a price, that's how my old EVO-X was sorted annually.
Hence asking the question

I guess it would be illegal in the same way that any software piracy is illegal.

Why not just use Google maps or Waze? They're usually better than any manufacturer maps, and update on the fly for free.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, Bluemarlin said:

I guess it would be illegal in the same way that any software piracy is illegal.

Why not just use Google maps or Waze? They're usually better than any manufacturer maps, and update on the fly for free.

Already do use Waze. But, that's not the point I was making. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links