Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New (2023) UX250h encrypted CANBUS?

43 minutes ago, Lancashirelad1985 said:

I’m looking at a 23 or 72 plate this weekend. If there’s a difference I’ll get the 23.

The difference I'm looking for is between the pre-facelift (i.e. trackpad/non touch screen) models and the new touch screen versions. Some MY72 cars are the 'new' 2023 versions.

14 minutes ago, UX250HTAK said:

The difference I'm looking for is between the pre-facelift (i.e. trackpad/non touch screen) models and the new touch screen versions. Some MY72 cars are the 'new' 2023 versions.

Yeah I’m the same. So interested to know if there’s a difference in cambus protection.

I raised the question of a protection plate with Lexus but they said it doesn’t apply to a UX.  The trouble is, they respond via the dealer (who are very pleasant) but it doesn’t give you the opportunity to clarify the response.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMM said:

That information won't stop the ragbags from attempting a can bus attack. They won't know it is protected or not - sadly.

Agree, but it would prevent the car from being stolen at least

1 hour ago, Don C said:

I raised the question of a protection plate with Lexus but they said it doesn’t apply to a UX.  The trouble is, they respond via the dealer (who are very pleasant) but it doesn’t give you the opportunity to clarify the response.  

In the the dealers last week and hanging round while it had it's 1st service, mine is a 72 reg facelift model. Asked about security before I invest in something aftermarket, got same reply about a plate and no mention at all of an encrypted canbus or any other extra security measure

• Like 1

If anyone has an official dealer/Lexus HQ answer to this question I would be really interested to know - am concerned of the risk of these being taken if not encrypted - the UX is the 4th most commonly stolen car in France and there are already reports of the pre-facelift UX being stolen this way in the UK.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LMM said:

That information won't stop the ragbags from attempting a can bus attack. They won't know it is protected or not - sadly.

The visibility of a steering wheel lock is perhaps it's biggest advantage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevewagster said:

Has anyone fitted a Disclock and if so, how did you get on with it, was it ok!

Have got a StopLock Pro Elite steering wheel lock which, like the Disclock, provides a visible deterrent. The main problem is remembering to fit it. The DiscLock might be a little clumsy but you need to ensure it fits over the lump in the centre of the UX's steering wheel.

Alternatively maybe plates can be fitted under the wheel arches or aftermarket Canbus immobilisers are available for c£500 eg Ghost and Starline.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:01 AM, Lancashirelad1985 said:

I’m looking at a 23 or 72 plate this weekend. If there’s a difference I’ll get the 23.

Hi

I just wondered if you found a UX to buy, if not mine will be up for sale shortly and could do a great price!

2 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

Have got a StopLock Pro Elite steering wheel lock which, like the Disclock, provides a visible deterrent. The main problem is remembering to fit it. The DiscLock might be a little clumsy but you need to ensure it fits over the lump in the centre of the UX's steering wheel.

Alternatively maybe plates can be fitted under the wheel arches or aftermarket Canbus immobilisers are available for c£500 eg Ghost and Starline.

Hi Roger

Thanks for the info, I had a StopLock back in the 80s and as you say, a good visual deterrent and a third of the price of a Disclock, so that may be the way to go for now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links