Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wireless phone charge pad

Newbie777

Hi Niaz  .........  so few Ls600 owners here eh !

When you get some answers could you please post them for us all to see coz one day we too might be buying a Ls600 😇

Malc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Hi Niaz  .........  so few Ls600 owners here eh !

When you get some answers could you please post them for us all to see coz one day we too might be buying a Ls600 😇

Malc

Malc, lol.

They are not expensive to buy. a guy selling one for £5995 Ono with rsr, but with 275k mileage.

I wanted one with fsh but most importantly the 2010 model, due to the Bluetooth audio, usb, slighter bigger boot space and some other bits.

Servicing is fairly routine and can be done at most garages and that just leaves the £60 yearly Battery health check.with Lexus.

Not so good..

The only issue really is the bushes and other suspension issues -  this is also common on my Bentley and unless you do all motorway miles, expect to fork out!  Allow for £1k a year.You could get unlucky and need the AGM Battery for instance  so that's another £300/£400.

Brakes are better 12% on 2010 models and I  don't think they have the actuator problems, due to the braking regeneration.

Tyres,  look around. I needed a tyre , so I got a used Michelin Pilot sport 4, 245/45/19 XL, 104Y year 2022, 7mm tread  no rips or punctures,  fitted and balanced for £80!

So it pays to shop and look around.

Other concerns well..

Mpg, I am averaging 18mpg in winter around town, but with my Bentley am getting 8mpg and 6 mpg in sport, so not concerned.

Did I mention insurance?  Group 50, thats Bentley, Porsche and Ferrari territory that could be showstopper!

So yes a lot to factor in, but then again the smile you get to drive this thing, well... that's priceless!

Come on have a long hard think and join the club!!

• Like 1

I had seriously considered skipping the Ls430 and 460 and going straight to a Ls600 …… but I’ve never had any major unexpected issues with my Ls400s and always found them relatively inexpensive to keep on the road and so reliable and immensely comfortable for all and any driving ……. But just useless in ice and snow …. so they stay at home 

The Honda Legend I have is a great AWD saloon for all that stress …… but the Ls400 is soooooo easy to drive for me …… and I’ve had one almost every day for a qtr century …… so when this Mk1 appeared from a Member here, well I just couldn’t resist her ..,…. and take them in turns to use every other day 

I’ve not turned aside the thoughts of ever having that Ls600, but just not yet …… Stella miles doesn’t worry me one jot coz I know that if they’ve got that far they’ve been ever so well looked after ( hopes ! ) and probably cosseted thru life ……, 

It does concern me a little that this past year there’s never been so many Ls600s for sale …… maybe it’s a factor of older owners popping off and the economy just driving owners to more modern cheap to run runabouts ……, and maybe EVs too 

I ramble on a bit …….. but of course wish you well with your “ new to you “ Ls600 and the continuing story unfolding …… it’s all a great adventure 😄

Malc 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I had seriously considered skipping the Ls430 and 460 and going straight to a Ls600 …… but I’ve never had any major unexpected issues with my Ls400s and always found them relatively inexpensive to keep on the road and so reliable and immensely comfortable for all and any driving ……. But just useless in ice and snow …. so they stay at home 

The Honda Legend I have is a great AWD saloon for all that stress …… but the Ls400 is soooooo easy to drive for me …… and I’ve had one almost every day for a qtr century …… so when this Mk1 appeared from a Member here, well I just couldn’t resist her ..,…. and take them in turns to use every other day 

I’ve not turned aside the thoughts of ever having that Ls600, but just not yet …… Stella miles doesn’t worry me one jot coz I know that if they’ve got that far they’ve been ever so well looked after ( hopes ! ) and probably cosseted thru life ……, 

It does concern me a little that this past year there’s never been so many Ls600s for sale …… maybe it’s a factor of older owners popping off and the economy just driving owners to more modern cheap to run runabouts ……, and maybe EVs too 

I ramble on a bit …….. but of course wish you well with your “ new to you “ Ls600 and the continuing story unfolding …… it’s all a great adventure 😄

Malc 

I agree with what you are saying and looks like you have some really good cars, very nice.

Overall there are not many ls600hl on the roads and that means bad news for parts and insurance.

Also there is very little demand for big vehicles, especially as fuel and parts are so expensive now.  Would you spend £5k on a £5k car? Most people will be downsizing or going to an RX.

I like the idea that even though my car is 13 years old, it has most of the upto date features and safety, so don't feel that am missing out.

Am doing 5k a year and so perfect for me and if I sell it in 2 years will still get £4k-£5k for it, so depreciation is not too much of an issue either.

Also besides central London, there is no congestion charge!

• Like 1

Depreciation in our older cars in an irrelevance ….. it’s those poor earlier owners that have bust the bank on that one ….. and paid for significant maintenance too hopefully

Spending £5k further on a £5k car is fine when you’re keeping her and it’s the “ best car ever “ and it’s yours for another 5yrs or so …… effective zero cost with immense reliability ( hopefully ) and safety and COMFORT 

Your Ls600 is all that and more …… the Bentley might - will become your moneypit 

I avoided my Bentley and ended up with my two aged but amazing Ls400s …… life can be too short to regret car challenges so just chill on that one and believe happiness is Ls shaped 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links