Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Let's brag...

pfn

I didn’t keep the Lancia long, as the acceleration was so slow.sold it before it got rusty!
The Lotus cars were great fun but known at that time as Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious. Both had to go back to Lotus to be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 11:33 AM, Theo86 said:

Similar to yourself it's more to do with the time of life. My first car was a Vauxhall Cavalier, which I purchased at an auction in east London. However, I enjoyed my 3rd car a 2-litre Opel Manta young, free, and single. Rover SD1 3.5 was also great too.

More recently I had an early Boxster and several MX-5s as I try and go and do a track day every year. Would like a later 2009 2.9-litre Boxster at some point. Currently have an early Mazda Eunos which suits my budget and weekend fun car.

Aston Martin would be nice too!

Yes, the timing of vehicles in your younger years has the most impact 

the opel manta was an epic car when I was younger 

also my cousin bought an SD1 V 8 rover, the engine was magnificent 

those cars with power and looks had a more emotional impact 

than the much more powerful cars now. A while ago (17) plate I bought my wife an Audi Q2 it is only about a 1.4/5 engine, and it does 0-6 in around 8 seconds 

that’s about the same as A Peugeot 405 MI16 I bought 

that was the fastest car I had had at the time 

0-60 is becoming meaningless, as there is no where you can really use it and anything under 5 seconds is no slower around town than A Porsche 911 Turbo 

(

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 9:48 PM, Neilo said:

Lovely memories Malc😊

The imp was fun in its own way...74 M reg and a petrol blue colour...it was in a sad state in someones back garden full of pigeon baskets and not far off being a pigeon coop itself, knocked on the door and bought it for £300 in 1980. Turned out nice after doing it up and served me well for two years...used to call it Buzz Bomb 🤣     

Hi Neil

the Hillman Imp was a great little car, my girlfriend at the time had one and i was just happy to be picked up and taken somewhere, where I could drink.

But you have to man up and admit it is not the most manly of choices ( I knothat is unacceptable in this day and age, but he didn’t buy it in this day and age 😂)

saying that I would have driven a Hairdryer as any transport was the greatest thing in the world if you were the first one out of your group to have transport 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Winston said:

also my cousin bought an SD1 V 8 rover, the engine was magnificent

I remember my rover v8 very well. I would not go so far as to say magnificent  what with dodgy brakes and an engine that overheats. Not particularly powerful for a 3.5 Litre either.   BUT at the time it was THE business. Sounded lovely - burble burble. Was quick enough to see of most other cars ( about 165bhp I think ).

I remember racing a US Ford thunderbird for 30 miles down the Censored  and he could not keep up although he had a good try. The end result was that he passed me on a downhill stretch at about 125mph followed quickly by a cloud of blue and grey smoke as he blew the engine up.  TRUE story!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winston said:

that’s about the same as A Peugeot 405 MI16 I bought 

M16 that was a lovely car, I loved mine, it really was a wolf in sheep's clothing. I got banned by the sheriff of Forfar for doing 130 mph on a 70 road between Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Not proud but don't care anyway.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Winston said:

Hi Neil

the Hillman Imp was a great little car, my girlfriend at the time had one and i was just happy to be picked up and taken somewhere, where I could drink.

But you have to man up and admit it is not the most manly of choices ( I knothat is unacceptable in this day and age, but he didn’t buy it in this day and age 😂)

saying that I would have driven a Hairdryer as any transport was the greatest thing in the world if you were the first one out of your group to have transport 👍🏻

Hi Winston, 

HaHa, admittedly not really manly at all but I liked my Imp - it bombed about really well. It had reversing lights fitted with a manual switch on the dash that I didnt always remember to turn off 😊       

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My brand new Hillman Imp AYL273H in 1969 cost me  £609 I think 🤔

Super car, loved it to bits …. the front heater pipe ( in the front boot area ) burst going up Detling Hill ….. I got very wet 

it seemed to be a very capacious “ passion wagon “ in its day and our youth ……. Lovely car too 😂

Malc 

How times change 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

My brand new Hillman Imp AYL273H in 1969 cost me  £609 I think 🤔

Super car, loved it to bits …. the front heater pipe ( in the front boot area ) burst going up Detling Hill ….. I got very wet 

it seemed to be a very capacious “ passion wagon “ in its day and our youth ……. Lovely car too 😂

Lovely Malc, mine (PAJ 950M) ended up with fake sheepskin seat and steering wheel covers - a right tart. Nice to be bragging about Imps 😄 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links