Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spindle grill upgrade for 2018 NX300h?

8 hours ago, Euroskank said:

Hi,

Would it be possible to upgrade it to one of the more recent variants? 

TIA

Do you mean to the look of a 2022 onwards second generation NX? It certainly wouldn’t be a straightforward replacement as the vehicles are built on different platforms with different body dimensions. 

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply. Yes. the 2022 models look like different dimensions. What about the 2018's F-Sport grill? I prefer that grill to the one I posted in the OP. 

I love the 2023 NX, however, I can't justify parting with nearly £50K. I'd rather purchase a 3 - 5 year old model with 20K on the clock, then replace the grill, alloys and fit side steps.  

15 hours ago, Euroskank said:

What about the 2018's F-Sport grill? I prefer that grill to the one I posted in the OP. 

The F Sport has a different front bumper that the grille fixes into - difficult to say with certainty if it will directly bolt into a standard bumper. Maybe someone has tried and can post their experience.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Euroskank said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes. the 2022 models look like different dimensions. What about the 2018's F-Sport grill? I prefer that grill to the one I posted in the OP. 

I love the 2023 NX, however, I can't justify parting with nearly £50K. I'd rather purchase a 3 - 5 year old model with 20K on the clock, then replace the grill, alloys and fit side steps.  

Probably cheaper and easier just to buy an F Sport with the grill you want , especially if you haven’t purchased the vehicle yet! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Probably cheaper and easier just to buy an F Sport with the grill you want , especially if you haven’t purchased the vehicle yet! 

Thanks, but I'd like the fuel economy (40 or 50MPG) of the regular NX 300h, plus I hear the ride is less firm on the F-Sport. 

3 hours ago, Euroskank said:

Thanks, but I'd like the fuel economy (40 or 50MPG) of the regular NX 300h, plus I hear the ride is less firm on the F-Sport. 

The suspension options are different, yes. The fuel economy will also be almost identical, assuming you’re looking at both F Sport and non F Sport models being AWD. There is a very small saving and marginally better mpg from FWD only models, but those are much rarer as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tickedon said:

The suspension options are different, yes. The fuel economy will also be almost identical, assuming you’re looking at both F Sport and non F Sport models being AWD. There is a very small saving and marginally better mpg from FWD only models, but those are much rarer as well.

Hmm, Autotrader filtering says I can get a 44 or 50 MPG AWD non F-Sport. I can one of these with less than 25K on the clock for about £25 - £28K.  

43 minutes ago, Euroskank said:

Hmm, Autotrader filtering says I can get a 44 or 50 MPG AWD non F-Sport. I can one of these with less than 25K on the clock for about £25 - £28K.  

Either an issue with the advert or change from quoting NEDC to WLTP measurements. There is no difference comparing the same age of NX 300h vehicle F Sport vs non F Sport (other than a tiny marginal mpg difference you’ll never notice between potentially different wheel sizes and suspension).
Note that 44-50mpg is rather optimistic. Likely to average high 30s mpg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Either an issue with the advert or change from quoting NEDC to WLTP measurements. There is no difference comparing the same age of NX 300h vehicle F Sport vs non F Sport (other than a tiny marginal mpg difference you’ll never notice between potentially different wheel sizes and suspension).
Note that 44-50mpg is rather optimistic. Likely to average high 30s mpg.

Interesting! Nearly all Autotrader results when filtered by AWD and either > 40 or 50MPGs, return with non F-Sport 2.5L 197 PS models. I'd have thought after the VW emissions scandal that manufacturers' figures were closely scrutinised. 

I owned a NX300h for 4 years covering c32k miles and recorded mileage and fuel used from day one. Overall result was c41 mpg with vast differences between summer motoring and winter. Expect low to mid 30s Oct-Mar and low to mid 40s Apr-Sept. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Euroskank said:

Interesting! Nearly all Autotrader results when filtered by AWD and either > 40 or 50MPGs, return with non F-Sport 2.5L 197 PS models. I'd have thought after the VW emissions scandal that manufacturers' figures were closely scrutinised. 

For an original NX 300h (2014 - 2017) expect high 30 mpg, for facelift models (2018-2021) expect low 40s. If you find an entry level FWD with 17" wheels then you might get 1 or 2 mpg more.

The other grades are all essentially the same, close enough that Lexus doesn't have to officially provide different consumption figures between them. On other Lexus model (e.g. RX) the F Sport has larger heavier and wider wheels/tyres and less aerodynamic styling which makes it slightly less fuel efficient but no so with the NX.

As has been stated above, if you see mpg figures in the 50s then it was using a different testing method to the one used now. Ignore that and accept they are all the same.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Euroskank said:

I don't drive much so it's not the end of the world; just a bit surprising. Thanks.

What model is that in yer profile pic? It's beautiful. 

The profile image appears to be a current model (i.e. late 2021 onwards) NX - can't tell if 350h (hybrid) or 450h+ (plug-in hybrid). The alloy wheel design suggests a Premium Plus model. Not familiar enough with the colours to know if it's a Graphite Black or Sonic Grey paint.

It may even be Ken's car when it was handed over in the showroom (which would make it a NX 450h+ Premium Plus)... 

It is indeed a beautiful car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tickedon said:

The profile image appears to be a current model (i.e. late 2021 onwards) NX - can't tell if 350h (hybrid) or 450h+ (plug-in hybrid). The alloy wheel design suggests a Premium Plus model. Not familiar enough with the colours to know if it's a Graphite Black or Sonic Grey paint.

It may even be Ken's car when it was handed over in the showroom (which would make it a NX 450h+ Premium Plus)... 

It is indeed a beautiful car.

It is my car in the Lexus Edinburgh showroom on the day of delivery (March 2022). It is indeed a 450h Premium Plus in Graphite Black with Hazel interior.

• Like 2

I love that interior. I waited for ages for a similar colour to become available on an RC. I was going to get a metallic British racing green 3M wrap, only for the harsh arrow of reality to burst my balloon of hope when I learnt they don't come in that colour.

18 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

For an original NX 300h (2014 - 2017) expect high 30 mpg, for facelift models (2018-2021) expect low 40s. If you find an entry level FWD with 17" wheels then you might get 1 or 2 mpg more.

The other grades are all essentially the same, close enough that Lexus doesn't have to officially provide different consumption figures between them. On other Lexus model (e.g. RX) the F Sport has larger heavier and wider wheels/tyres and less aerodynamic styling which makes it slightly less fuel efficient but no so with the NX.

As has been stated above, if you see mpg figures in the 50s then it was using a different testing method to the one used now. Ignore that and accept they are all the same.

Gotcha, thanks a lot. Interesting that they don't have to provide efficiency data for each model, but I suppose it makes sense as there are so many options - wheel sizes, drivetrain, sills etc. 

36 minutes ago, Euroskank said:

Gotcha, thanks a lot. Interesting that they don't have to provide efficiency data for each model, but I suppose it makes sense as there are so many options - wheel sizes, drivetrain, sills etc. 

They provide different model data in more recent years under the newer testing method. But these are tiny variations - nothing to make any real world difference between the models, other than the extra weight of the sun or pano roof.

image.thumb.png.3fe3f411f5e7f4c7d6109b7fb736bb60.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links