Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TPMS fix

Newbie777

Hello,

I bought my Lexus with a TPMS fault light.

I put air in all 5 tyres and worked out 2 sensors not walking as the fault light disappeared and I could tell ID 5 was the spare tyre and it had a slow puncture.

I purchased the Carista Obd2 2 Bluetooth dongle £35.

Plus 1 year Carista subscription £45 per year.

This I was going to do anyway regardless of the TPMS issue.

Using the diagnostics I could not work out which tyres had qhich faulty sensors so decided on the following..

1. I know the spare tyre sensor is no 5 so will keep this and get the  puncture repaired.

I was going to let air out to work out which sensors were not working but instead... bought a pack of 4 sensors (433hz) for £36 from you eBay.

I paid tyre guys £12 per tyre to put in new sensors and take the old ones out, please note, they must take the tyre off completely as just breaking the bead may damage the sensor!

I  made a note of the ID for each new sensor and where it would be fitted, so sensor 1 Front drivers side, sensor 5 was the spare etc.

I then typed in all the IDs in Carista app and as soon as I  started driving all 5 sensors loaded and I could see all the tyr pressures, hooray

I now have two working and 2 not working sensors, so keep these as spares.

Possibly not the easiest way to do this and I know the quality may not good but it works for me.

Total cost is £96 for 4 new sensors fitted.

I used the Carista app & Dongle for auto windows up, light settings and other changes, so worth it for me.

Hope, someone finds it useful.

• Like 1

Well done sorting that all out 

Thank heavens our oldies don’t have TPMS …….. failure on pre 2012 cars isn’t an MOT failure maybe 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Well done sorting that all out 

Thank heavens our oldies don’t have TPMS …….. failure on pre 2012 cars isn’t an MOT failure maybe 🤔

Malc 

I would have not bothered as I check my tyres once a week anyway, but since everything else works I thought why not.

Your are lucky, the older ones have less to go wrong!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links