Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A car hit us from behind earlier today

taxiboy

14 hours ago, rayaans said:

Oh dear - main thing is you're okay. I had the same thing happen multiple times in my Lexus and my wifes so I know how you feel!

Firstly dont panic - it looks like youre going through the insurer. Inform your insurer directly (dont go through the claims management companies) and get a Lexus approved bodyshop i.e. the bodyshop that your dealer uses. There may be a small "non approved repairer" excess but trust me, its worth it because the insurance bodyshops are abysmal and if you have Legal cover you can claim this back anyway

Ive recently had my Merc repaired at an insurance approved bodyshop via a claims management company called Winns Solicitors and the repair was shocking - sent it back and finally got it back to how I like it. Thats a 10 year old car though, wouldnt take the risk with a newer Lexus

The cost is likely £3-4k overall I would say. 

The lack of MOT won't make any difference to your claim - the driver who hit the Merc was also technically uninsured as no MOT

Not been to a bodyshop for years until recently. My daughter had a relatively small issue on a narrow country lane nervously pulling in to the side of the road too much to let another car pass. Marked up her offside rear door and wheel arch. Insurers approved repairer was the same as Toyotas in this case. Cost circa £2400. Took me back a step for sure. Obviously I am not up to date with costs. However, I went down a total of 4 times before they did the job to a manner I found acceptable. So, yes I take your point about bodyshops and Insurers. For sure they would not get their hands on my car.

Have you actually been provided with the other party’s full insurance details or just the company providing cover?
I can perhaps understand an expired MOT as we tend not to opt for the yearly reminder and it can be forgotten but have you checked on the MOT history website to see when it actually expired?
I would certainly be contacting your own insurer if only to notify them of the accident just to ensure that if the other party doesn’t pay up in cash or they also have no insurance your own insurer doesn’t turn around and say “under section 124 part b of your policy you are required to notify us immediately regarding any damage to your vehicle or an subsequent claim may be denied”

We all know how insurance companies work when it comes to avoiding a claim!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links