Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carputer Project

You just need to change the skin on Frodoplayer, there are loads of very finished looking skins on MP3car.. including a brush metal one with a Lexus logo on it... :)

You could even make your own, but basically you can rearrange and change the sizes to whatever you want.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mofo technologu.. my f'ing cdr/dvd drive has gone up the knacker..

whole thing wont work now,, gota get new drive now..

How long is the cable that connects them?

and is it IDE?

its very strict with cable length is IDE

I had to buy a high quality one with foil wrapped wires to get mine working and it was only going from the glove box to the trc/seat buttons

im aware of that little kiddie Brett, i havent even got that far yet,, ive got the IDE to USB adaptor, but havent installed it yet..

Currently the CD drive was just plugged into the mobo normally, ie via the IDE cable supplied.. all was working till i removed the kit and took it indoors for an update etc..

i tried the drive in my Dell at home and it was dead, i also tried a drive form the Dell in the epia and it worked so conclusion is my drive is dead.

so now im in the market for another drive,, any recomendations.

would liek to stay witha small unit, maybe slimline again. but may go bigger,, am thinking of mounting it inthe glove box, either behind the door or going a little trick install with a cut out so when the glovy is closed you can still get to the drive, when glovy opened the drive will stay where it is..but to be honest, the amount of dvd's i wil be watching maynot warrent a trick install, i could get away with tucking it else where.

to be honest, I mounted my slimline dvd under the trc/seat buttons, and I never use it.

I transfer mp3's using a usb2 memory key or using wireless lan if in range. and never watch dvd's as im in the car on my own most of the time

yeh,the one that is broken was a panasonic slot drive cdrw/dvd..

i think ill stick under the screen, i wil have to make a block to drop it down a bit as the mouting area/lip is higher than the bottom of screen..

but then if i do that, i'll hav to mount my s-afc somewhere as that would be in the way of the drive... maaan im runningout of room..

I found a guy through eBay who I have bought some of these from (to mount phone & pda), very reasonably priced too if you're thinking of getting some. The brackets are £13 + shipping IIRC

There is also one you can use to mount a TFT on the centre console just behind the armrest for rear passengers.

I found a guy through Ebay who I have bought some of these from (to mount phone & pda), very reasonably priced too if you're thinking of getting some. The brackets are £13 + shipping IIRC

There is also one you can use to mount a TFT on the centre console just behind the armrest for rear passengers.

ordered a couple of items from the uk supplier..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links