Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dead battery

Kaptkremmin

Ok, I left the car for a fortnight with out starting and we've had a few really frosty lately days so went to it yesterday and the car wouldn't open, took the key out of the fob and opened the door, foot on the brake and nothing. Not sure if it's the original Battery, but the AA is on the way, he might tell me. I could start this myself but hey why its under warranty still, but I have a question what won't help, I have noticed every time I walk past the car, the interior light comes on,(obviously the key is in my pocket) I only noticed this when walking past it in the dark, now I always carry my keys in my pocket but is this normal and is it something that can be changed. I know someone is going to come back and say leave the car keys in the house or don't walk past the car which but be difficult where it's parked and inconvenient.

All though the Battery was completely depleted the AA man said after starting the car and running a few checks said the Battery was fine and the recovery charge was charging great. I asked how it could charge when it keeps stopping, told me while the car is in ready mode and keeps starting it will take most of the boost power from the Hybrid batteries but not run them down completely, just to a safe point. I think I better take it out tomorrow for a blast to charge the Hybrid Batteries up to full again, as they were full before I left the car running for an hour and now down to 2 bars.

• Like 1

Put the car into the Ready state and the transmission in Park and let the hybrid system do it's job for at least 30min. The 12v Battery is recharged by the traction Battery and the petrol engine will start and stop as required to keep the traction Battery charged but the system cannot recharge the hybrid Battery if the car is in Neutral. Never leave the car in Neutral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had the same problem two weeks ago. I didn't move the car for few days because I was travelling and the weather has been cold and when I came back then the car won't start. I used a jump starter I bought from amazon and it worked well. Since then, I have been monitoring the voltage of the Battery and it is consistently above 12.6v. 

I took the car to Lexus on Saturday for the scheduled minor service and they didn't recommend to replace it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links