Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

8mpg is that what they deliver? Just interested.

Yes  max about 12mpg, get 7mph in sport, which I don't use! About 17mpg on motorway, only do 2k to 3k miles a year.

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I seem to remember you have not booked in for your portfolio management session.

I bet behind that GT we would see you with the bowl and three legged dog. In a 3 piece suit of course. Just because you are begging does not mean letting your standards drop. 🙂 

I leave all my portfolio decisions to simply Black Rock ….. and my suit wearing is for weddings and funerals ONLY …… possibly my own too 😂

I forgot to mention my car no. 4 ….. my 1932 Triumph Sports Tourer 

• Like 1

Just now, Malc1 said:

I leave all my portfolio decisions to simply Black Rock ….. and my suit wearing is for weddings and funerals ONLY …… possibly my own too 😂

I forgot to mention my car no. 4 ….. my 1932 Triumph Sports Tourer 

and here Endeth the Lesson …… till next time 

Malc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie777 said:

it is a ubday Market, so am allowed to park here, before you ask.

Why are you parking there? On a ubday as well.😮.

BTW 8 mpg is not bad for a 2 ton Bentley. It must be the W12 engine for that consumption. \you could have got a Passat for a lot less money but then VW will have knobbled it first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Why are you parking there? On a ubday as well.😮.

BTW 8 mpg is not bad for a 2 ton Bentley. It must be the W12 engine for that consumption. \you could have got a Passat for a lot less money but then VW will have knobbled it first.

Sorry parked there before 9.00am as there is a Sunday Market, move my car before 9.30am as the shops open at 10.00am, everyone parks around the market from around 6am.

Yes it is the w12, similar to the VW Phaeton, which also can have the W12, but not the twin turbos.

3 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Niaz ….. it’s a fact of life that some of these subject matters drift a little ……. we’ll ALL try to get back on track ….. promise 😞

Malc 

The subject stays the same , but I drift a lot for sure these days. Hit me with punch line Ernie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newbie777 said:

What you done in or out of your car,  that is different or not stock, thank you.

Mudflaps!  Yes,I fitted a set of mudflaps.

OK, so it’s not an LS - but do they come with mudflaps as standard?  I stand to be corrected - but I suspect not!

And no doubt some will sneer that they’re not a serious modification.  But this was the state of my Lexus after a short drive on damp roads.

And I’d only given it the full two-bucket treatment just the day before!  😡

image.thumb.jpeg.a9ce7832094b7a07602a5922a846c224.jpeg

The reasoning seems to be that they create extra drag that reduces mpg.  But it’s supposed to be a luxury car.  I’ll happily sacrifice a few extra miles so that I can arrive somewhere with a car as clean as when I set out.

Or am I alone in thinking that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LenT said:

Mudflaps!,

OK, so it’s not an LS - but do they come with mudflaps as standard?  I stand to be corrected - but I suspect not!

And no doubt some will sneer that they’re not a serious modification.  But this was the state of my Lexus after a short drive on damp roads.

And I’d only given it the full two-bucket treatment just the day before!  😡

image.thumb.jpeg.a9ce7832094b7a07602a5922a846c224.jpeg

The reasoning seems to be that they create extra drag that reduces mpg.  But it’s supposed to be a luxury car.  I’ll happily sacrifice a few extra miles so that I can arrive somewhere with a car as clean as when I set out.

Or am I alone in thinking that?

I think mud flaps are good and useful, they may affect mog but perhaps not much. I noticed o lexus parts direct they sell mudflaps for LS, I think it maybe country specific, so perhaps ae fine to have on.

6 minutes ago, Newbie777 said:

I think mud flaps are good and useful, they may affect mog but perhaps not much. I noticed o lexus parts direct they sell mudflaps for LS, I think it maybe country specific, so perhaps ae fine to have on.

Stew the previous owner of my SC 430 put mud flaps on and I would not be without them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Newbie777 said:

But my point is, Niaz - and I don’t expect you to have the answer because I certainly don’t - why does Lexus regard them as an ‘extra ‘ ?

I find it hard to believe that someone buying a new Lexus LS, say, would prefer to avoid the tiny additional cost of a set of mudflaps in order to gain a very few extra miles per tankful.   At the same time, willingly subjecting their splendid new bodywork to a peppering of road muck!

• Like 2

Mudflaps? MUDFLAPS!!!!   Lexus and Bentley voitures do not drive in Mud. They drive on immaculately prepared roads around the Cote d'Azur. Don't they ?  I know mine do.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My cars drive thru the muddy roads of Kent ….,. I’m pleased to say ……,, wondrous countryside views from myriad road track muddy conditions somedays …… farming wagons tractors whatever going about their daily toils …… to feed us maybe 👍

Mudflaps if I had ‘em wouldn’t make one jot difference to my oft UNimmaculate pristine bodywork 😂 

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GMB said:

Mudflaps? MUDFLAPS!!!!   Lexus and Bentley voitures do not drive in Mud. They drive on immaculately prepared roads around the Cote d'Azur. Don't they ?  I know mine do.😎😎

Like your thinking, but just occasionally they also drive to your daughters new build on a site still under construction. I have entreated them to lay a red carpet down, but to date they ain't having it. I think next time I ask I might go dressed in a shell suit and trainers, but unfortunately I cannot add an array of tattoos.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

My cars drive thru the muddy roads of Kent

The only bit of Kent I know is Ightham - very pleasantly surprised. I thought Kent was just an asylum seekers stopping off point to Burnley or Blackburn. Stayed overnight on a contract job and was awake most of the night with foxes and owls making a racket. So maybe an excuse for muddy country roads accepted.

At least you won't come across Stephen in his shell suit and trainers, he will be parading around Skem dodging ex-pat Scousers. ( Skelmersdale = A big dump )

Only kidding Stephen - I know you are a sophisticated, educated connoisseur of fine things.   That's enough sycophantism..

BTW I have to go to Fulwood on Friday, can you arrange a visa to get through the Chorley checkpoint please.

• Like 1

Ightham Mote is a pretty delightful place to be to see the resident peacocks and pea hens ……. Nearby Sevenoaks too …… all delightful places with oft muddy country lanes …… owls foxes too abound 👍

Malc 

4 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

resident peacocks and pea hens

Thinking about it.....it could have been the peacocks?    I can't remember the pub I stayed at many years ago but it was very nice with great food and local beers. Middle of nowhere little village. I would love to live there but it is probably only for millionaires now. It might have been the George and Dragon or the Plough - forgotten.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LenT said:

But my point is, Niaz - and I don’t expect you to have the answer because I certainly don’t - why does Lexus regard them as an ‘extra ‘ ?

I find it hard to believe that someone buying a new Lexus LS, say, would prefer to avoid the tiny additional cost of a set of mudflaps in order to gain a very few extra miles per tankful.   At the same time, willingly subjecting their splendid new bodywork to a peppering of road muck!

Two points..

1. Mudflaps are not fashiinable and lexus would argue that a plush £120k car does not need them and their japanese kana design does not warrant them- they were after all competing with Mercs and BMW prestige marques!

2. On my silver LS I have noticed more dirt near the bottom of the rear bumper, so actually mudflaps would help and not a bad idea, so am not surprised that you can buy them direct and they are not after market.

BTW. Mudflaps flaps remind of the 80's Ford Cortina!

The LS430 does a pretty good job of keeping muck off the sides of the car.
Even when I got her stuck in mud a few weeks ago and was spinning the rear wheels, the mud covered most of the rear wheels but very little ended up on the bodywork.
There are built in mud "flaps" but they don't flap. 😁

Try fitting a set of bright orange Rally mud-flaps and give your car the full Clark/McRae/Burns/Meeke/Evans look. 🤣

• Like 1

I knew someone a few years ago who dealt with numbers plates and other car stuff.

He ordered quite a few blank mudflaps from China.

One issue he faced..  they all came back with the word BLANK on them, oh dear!!!

• Haha 3

On 12/21/2023 at 5:27 PM, Newbie777 said:

I knew someone a few years ago who dealt with numbers plates and other car stuff.

He ordered quite a few blank mudflaps from China.

One issue he faced..  they all came back with the word BLANK on them, oh dear!!!

A fine example of how a system will take something written quite literally..

Much like the now notorious mailing that an unnamed financial institution sent out to some of its richer customers - but forgot to check the temporary placeholder name that the original programmer had set up!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dear-rich-*****/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links