Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for a bit of advice/to share the experience of others on this one.  :wink:

My reversing has, over a period of 8 months or so become hazy/cloudy as per the pic below [and, yes I know the clocks aren't in sync....:oops:]

IMG_20231220_105151.thumb.jpg.23e0216d6e2ca0a6abfffcbc4805c10a.jpg

It wasn't this poor when I got the car in the spring.  I've cleaned the lens but not yet [weather and no garage/cover etc] tried anything like compounding/polishing to see if that'd help - I'm not even sure if the lens is plastic or glass - more likely the former though, I suspect.

As insurance, I took the chance to buy an original one from eBay, so I can replace the present one if necessary..... when the weather improves in Spring.  I'd rather try to resolve the 'fog' on the screen without dismantling the boot trim for access if possible.

I should add that the rest of the dash display is crystal clear, unlike my pic(s), so it's not likely to be condensation in the unit.

IMG_20231220_105133.thumb.jpg.7c18f526c2de615a6df8ba733ed2e5a8.jpg

Anyone with similar experience, I'd be pleased to know how you resolved it.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2023 at 5:54 PM, scudney said:

The screens do occasionally suffer from a bit of condensation,could also be condensation in the camera lens as this is exposed to the elements.

Thanks.  Finally I got enough mojo summoned and weather without snow/rain & gales/frost coinciding to give this some attention.  :rolleyes1:

Played a hair-dryer on the camera for a good while and there was some improvement in what could be seen on the screen, but then a baltic wind got up so I had to stop.

Gives me hope that another session or two might fix the problem and save dismantling the boot lid to access and replace the camera. Time will tell.....

Appreciate to responses, lads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links