Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus subscriptions??

beyond the blue

My ES is two years old. I know that after three years from new the complimentary roadside assistance ends but what happens to the Lexus link vehicle tracking facility and the SOS safety system, does it become subscription based, and if so what are the costs in the UK?

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

My ES is two years old. I know that after three years from new the complimentary roadside assistance ends but what happens to the Lexus link vehicle tracking facility and the SOS safety system, does it become subscription based, and if so what are the costs in the UK?

Not As Far As I Am Aware..........Roadside assistance However will have to be paid Though BUT Depending on what kind of Bank Account you have you might get Free Breakdown cover which incidentally is covered by the AA As Was Your lexus Roadside Assist for the first Two Years.....Hope that helps  ps... If you are not covered i think its around £135 for 1 Year Through lexus..

Lexus are a bit vague about what features are part of which service but I believe that feature is part of connected services which is provided for 10 years from when the vehicle was first registered. For my wife's UX the initial three year map update subscription has expired but Lexus Link including location still works.

34 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Not As Far As I Am Aware..........Roadside assistance However will have to be paid Though BUT Depending on what kind of Bank Account you have you might get Free Breakdown cover which incidentally is covered by the AA As Was Your lexus Roadside Assist for the first Two Years.....Hope that helps  ps... If you are not covered i think its around £135 for 1 Year Through lexus..

My roadside assistance is for 3 years not 2 years, then l will continue with the AA. I intend to get a Ghost 2 fit shortly but just wondering if the tracker will work in future. Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

My roadside assistance is for 3 years not 2 years, then l will continue with the AA. I intend to get a Ghost 2 fit shortly but just wondering if the tracker will work in future. Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is Three Years Neil My Mistake ..Was Also thinking about Ghost 2 . Who would you recommend to do the job just out of Curiosity...Btw Do they also not fit a tracker ?

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Yes it is Three Years Neil My Mistake ..Was Also thinking about Ghost 2 . Who would you recommend to do the job just out of Curiosity...Btw Do they also not fit a tracker ?

l am going to have a chat with my nearest (Oldham) Autotech franchise to make sure the Ghost 2 is suitable for the ES. As for a tracker system, that is the reason for my question as to whether the Lexus link tracker will continue to work after the manufacturers warranty ends after the car is 3 years old. I will probably wait and see if and when it stops working before having an independent tracker fitted.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

l am going to have a chat with my nearest (Oldham) Autotech franchise to make sure the Ghost 2 is suitable for the ES. As for a tracker system, that is the reason for my question as to whether the Lexus link tracker will continue to work after the manufacturers warranty ends after the car is 3 years old. I will probably wait and see if and when it stops working before having an independent tracker fitted.

Hi Neil, isn’t the warranty 10 years if you get it serviced at a dealership ?

—E

4 hours ago, e-yes said:

Hi Neil, isn’t the warranty 10 years if you get it serviced at a dealership ?

—E

No, how it works is you get 3 years manufacturers warranty from new and then it changes to Relax Warranty for each year after that, Relax warranty isn't as comprehensive as manufacturers warranty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links