Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Canbus theft scandal

Kia/Hyundia owners in the US who had their cars stolen will be eligible for payments according to USA today. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/kia-hyundai-owners-settlement-lawsuit-thefts/

The only reason the law suit happened was because there was a Kia Challenge trend on Tik Tok! The challenge encouraged New York City to file a suit against the automakers...

Should we create a Tik Tok challenge for Lexus/Toyota to see how easy it is to steal them?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 9:50 PM, matefromthesea said:

Kia/Hyundia owners in the US who had their cars stolen will be eligible for payments according to USA today. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/kia-hyundai-owners-settlement-lawsuit-thefts/

The only reason the law suit happened was because there was a Kia Challenge trend on Tik Tok! The challenge encouraged New York City to file a suit against the automakers...

Should we create a Tik Tok challenge for Lexus/Toyota to see how easy it is to steal them?

I'm in. My 21 reg Lexus NX was stolen from Basildon last week on 13th March 2024. That car was everything to me 😞 I'm not rich but it was my dream to have a Lexus and it was fully paid off. Some people can easily replace a car - I cannot. I plain and simple do not have the money and probably never will again. I'm heartbroken 💔 The irony is that the CANbus issue was aired on BBC Watchdog on the same day that mine was stolen (13 March 2024) and in response to the airing, Lexus released a statement - literally hours too late for me. Had I known, I would have done everything possible to protect my car, but I've been in the dark all this time when Lexus have known about this since 2019. I'm now left with public transport after the luxury of an SUV. 

I'm on board for a class action lawsuit. If anyone has any info, please get in touch with me.

Leigh Day is investigating interest from customers to get compensation if your car has been stolen… for all those who have posted with stolen cars please register your interest

https://www.leighday.co.uk/news/news/2024-news/toyota-and-lexus-owners-could-be-owed-compensation-as-some-keyless-vehicles-found-to-be-vulnerable-to-a-device-which-allows-them-to-be-stolen-in-minutes/

Is it merely a coincidence that these thefts have been discussed for years on this forum but on the very same day the BBC cover the subject a law firm then issues a statement inviting “compensation” claims?

Didn’t something similar happen after the VAG emission scandal?

Personally I can’t wait to see the TV advertisement “Where there’s blame there’s a claim” and “Our people are waiting to take your call”

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links