Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cant get 2022 Lc500H to work with Link+?

Hello everybody!
My dad got a Lc500H in june 2022, and hes only just now heard of the ability to remote steer the cars climate control via the app. He was very excited and I of course get the privileged of setting it all up! 

Well, after downloading the Link+ app, and I create an account with email, not via the links. Unfortunately it wont accept the cars VIN number, and tells me to install the Link (non +) app.
I do so, VIN numer goes in, everything gets registered, including the multimedia unit. The Link app is pretty barren, the only thing you can do is find your car and add destination.

So I call up the dealership and the woman informs me that the car has the MM19 unit in it, and you need higher units to be able to do all the remote cool stuff. Seeing that the LC500 is a pretty top of the line car, I was very surprised to hear that these features were not included, or that the MM unit it shipped with wasn't the latest. she also informs me there was no way of upgrading  the unit, or updating the software/firmware. 

Is there anything that can be done, or is it just to accept what it is?

Cheers guys

Depends what year it is. The only big update the LC tech has had is for 2023, apart from the addition of CarPlay for ‘21 - it’s such a low volume car perhaps it’s not been worth the investment in tech improvements. Lexus have instead concentrated on the drive, tweaking chassis etc almost on a yearly basis. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2024 at 4:10 PM, Lex loafer said:

The LC500 does not work with Lexus link+

That's a shame!  Whenever I open the Lexus Link app now (Android) I get a reminder "Your current Lexus Link app will soon no longer be supported. Download the new Lexus Link app if you want to continue using all app features."

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links