Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front windscreen replacement

Hello 

Had Autoglass replace my front windscreen today, as zi  had a few chips and a small hairline surface mark, near my line of vision

They replacement only took an hour.

However, after they fitted it, the guy phoned to tell me it had small scratches on the passenger side  he wasn't happy and he would should show these to me when I come down.

I looked at the scrarches and jonestly thought they were not that bad. But apparently they were some clips that were also missing, so we both agreed  a néew glass and fittings were needed next week and the job would be redone but  this time on my drive.

I admire Autoglass for their honesty, even though the replacement glass is so much better than my previous one, it's not right . The glass fitted on my car should been thrown away or maered as buffed out.

Apparently the screens all have stickers on them  and can only be removed when the  install takes place, looks someone has been naughty and done something bad and  put a sticker and sent it back as unused, oh dear!

Has anyone else had n experience on front windscreen replacement?

• Like 1

I had the screen replaced on my RC when a stone cracked it. The car was only just a year old..

As I recall the new screen (genuine Lexus) was completely covered, both sides, with a plastic film. This was only removed immediately prior to fitting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

I had the screen replaced on my RC when a stone cracked it. The car was only just a year old..

As I recall the new screen (genuine Lexus) was completely covered, both sides, with a plastic film. This was only removed immediately prior to fitting.

Thank you, that makes sense

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links