Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What tyres do you use on your CT?

CT200NI

Just curious for when this becomes a consideration.  What brand / model of tyres do you use on your CT? Do any of you run winter tyre sets plus summer? 

I had a car with Michelin Pilot Sport 4's fitted, they were amazing. With my last car (large saloon) I put Primacy 4 S1's on them because they were 'A' rated for wet handling and 'A' rated for fuel, but after finding that the tyres make basically no actual difference to MPG I don't think I'd worry too much about the label in the future. 

At one stage I put Cross Climate 2's on (after Pilot Sports) and the car suddenly couldn't go fast around corners or roundabouts half as well!  Would that be the same on the CT? Do any of you run Cross Climate or 'all seasons' on it and still get a nice drive on dry days around the bends? 

Tyres & Oil always a subject for heated debate lol!

I usually run Goodyear F1 Asymmetric on all my cars especially my high performance ones. The best tyre I have found for road noise, wet grip, wear and all round performance. The exception being the CT200h which by any stretch of the imagination is not a performance vehicle lol!         As such I let Lexus service take care of it and am very happy with the 17" Yokohama's they recommended and fitted as required.

Then again the 180+mph Honda Blackbird and any other 2 wheeler that may cross my path need to be shod with Bridgestone tyres for me

• Like 1

I also use the YokohamasT215/45/17TOY tyres on my CT200H.  I have just renewed my front tyres as I picked up a puncture.  They were still legal but they had been on the car for three years and had covered just under 30,000 miles which, given the state of UK roads, I thought was very good.  The rear tyre I replaced last summer had covered nearly 40,000 miles since I purchased the car, and may well have covered a lot more before it came into my possession.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links