Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX450h

Rik M

Good evening 

Today we finally bought our first Lexus, a 2017 RX450h. 

main dealer purchase with 50k in the clock. It replaces a 2008 Honda accord which we’d owned from 2015 and had been owned by my Dad for the four years prior to that. 

Early impressions are of a hugely capable machine that could just chew miles. 

My mild negatives are of a somewhat lax dealer experience. They asked me to provide evidence of the canbus issue, which I did.  

On collection I’ve had no information provided on the Auc warranty / recovery provision.

They said they would replace the tyres , and they did. 4 x WestLake budgets ( I’m a tight Scotsman so am in sight of both sides )

also, via the in car screen I cannot see any service history information. How do I “activate” that?

Anyways, pic attached. We’re immensely proud of our new wheels. She has big boots to fill , the auld Honda was faultless for 80k miles. 

IMG_2124.jpeg

8 hours ago, Rik M said:

Good evening 

Today we finally bought our first Lexus, a 2017 RX450h. 

main dealer purchase with 50k in the clock. It replaces a 2008 Honda accord which we’d owned from 2015 and had been owned by my Dad for the four years prior to that. 

Early impressions are of a hugely capable machine that could just chew miles. 

My mild negatives are of a somewhat lax dealer experience. They asked me to provide evidence of the canbus issue, which I did.  

On collection I’ve had no information provided on the Auc warranty / recovery provision.

They said they would replace the tyres , and they did. 4 x WestLake budgets ( I’m a tight Scotsman so am in sight of both sides )

also, via the in car screen I cannot see any service history information. How do I “activate” that?

Anyways, pic attached. We’re immensely proud of our new wheels. She has big boots to fill , the auld Honda was faultless for 80k miles. 

IMG_2124.jpeg

Hope you enjoy it. Does this mean you got the CANbus protection plate fitted?

Paul

53 minutes ago, PDM said:

Hope you enjoy it. Does this mean you got the CANbus protection plate fitted?

Paul

Morning Paul

Dealer took a bit of nudging over the line on it but , yes , plates fitted prior to collection. 

55 minutes ago, Rik M said:

Morning Paul

Dealer took a bit of nudging over the line on it but , yes , plates fitted prior to collection. 

Hi Ricky, good news that you had the knowledge to ask for the plate to be fitted but I wonder how thefts and insurance is supposed to come down if this is not a standard fit on service or sale for all 4th gen RX.  I take it from your original post that they did not even know about the CANbus plates before you brought it up? If so, that's incredible, and worrying!

The car itself is excellent though, and as you say, chews up miles very easily.

Paul

I was surprised that the dealer didn’t know about the issue. Though I suspect it was an attempt to avoid doing the work. 

Luckily I’d read a few on here had approached Lexus uk for clarification which I did also, forwarding their confirmation that plates are fitted FOC onto the dealer. 

Hi Rik. You asked about how to check the cars service history. From memory you need to go on the Lexus website and look under 'my Lexus ' and register your car. You need to provide the log book number and give your car a name. From this you click on your car and within navigate to that cars service history. It'll show All services and repair and warranty work done by Lexus. It won't however show independent garage work.

Like I said this info is from memory. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

I could tell from the site the service history of the 4 Lexus cars I've owned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Rik. You asked about how to check the cars service history. From memory you need to go on the Lexus website and look under 'my Lexus ' and register your car. You need to provide the log book number and give your car a name. From this you click on your car and within navigate to that cars service history. It'll show All services and repair and warranty work done by Lexus. It won't however show independent garage work.

Like I said this info is from memory. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

I could tell from the site the service history of the 4 Lexus cars I've owned.

@Mr Vlad

Thank you, will get that sorted 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links