Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camber adjustment - wheel alignment

Hi guys

I need advise on something I discovered few days ago.

3 out of 4 wheels (except driver side front) were wearing from inside. As usual, few things I did were changed tyres and 4 wheel alignment.

Wheel alignment guy said they can adjust toe but not camber. He said even Lexus can not adjust it as camber issue can be due to multiple suspension issues which needs investigating by a mechanic.

Now I am puzzled as car drives fine and it was checked by a mechanic few weeks back and he did look at suspension parts which all look ok.

I suspect as camber is not fixed, wheels might unevenly wear again and more importantly if there is any suspension issue it might get worse.

Did any of you had this issue and know what to do and where to go to get this thoroughly checked and fixed?

I have attached a picture of 4 wheel alignment which shows camber still out of tolerance.

20240121_191456.jpg

15 hours ago, Ahsan123 said:

Hi guys

I need advise on something I discovered few days ago.

3 out of 4 wheels (except driver side front) were wearing from inside. As usual, few things I did were changed tyres and 4 wheel alignment.

Wheel alignment guy said they can adjust toe but not camber. He said even Lexus can not adjust it as camber issue can be due to multiple suspension issues which needs investigating by a mechanic.

Now I am puzzled as car drives fine and it was checked by a mechanic few weeks back and he did look at suspension parts which all look ok.

I suspect as camber is not fixed, wheels might unevenly wear again and more importantly if there is any suspension issue it might get worse.

Did any of you had this issue and know what to do and where to go to get this thoroughly checked and fixed?

I have attached a picture of 4 wheel alignment which shows camber still out of tolerance.

20240121_191456.jpg

As far as I am aware that is correct. The camber can't be adjusted. Also, if your camber is out by a bit i reckon you wont be able to tell just by a visual inspection. The suspension may look fine but may have bent slightly and hence not very obvious. Honestly I am not sure what the solution is though and if lexus have some way of fixing this. But yes if your camber is out your tyres will wear unevenly again. 

Also just pasting what my numbers look like from an alignment i had done last year. 

20240123_105437.jpg

15 hours ago, Ahsan123 said:

20240121_191456.jpg

When the car is lowered, or loaded in most cases.. the camber increases. Could be down to worn bushes due to stress. You can buy aftermarket camber arms to bring it back to 0 if you want. We're talking £700 for front and rear. Bushes significantly cheaper, but that's down to the mechanic to inspect it.

De-stress over all this and if you’re achieving 20k miles on an axle tyres then that’s gonna be ok really 

Malc 

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I will keep an eye and if this problem persists then will get camber bushes and arms checked by a mechanic.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links