Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,  
Any one can help with my 450h hybrid system? 
Car has been off the road since Christmas due to having the gearbox pump rebuild and hybrid Battery reconditioned.  
Today was the 1st time I've tried to start it and it won't start. I have check hybrid system on the dash. 
12v Battery was new 6 mths ago. I've double checked all connecters on hybrid Battery and 12v Battery.  I can't connect techstream or dr prius, i don't know why. 

Any ideas ?

1 hour ago, 57jam89 said:

Hi all,  
Any one can help with my 450h hybrid system? 
Car has been off the road since Christmas due to having the gearbox pump rebuild and hybrid battery reconditioned.  
Today was the 1st time I've tried to start it and it won't start. I have check hybrid system on the dash. 
12v battery was new 6 mths ago. I've double checked all connecters on hybrid battery and 12v battery.  I can't connect techstream or dr prius, i don't know why. 

Any ideas ?

Hi, what is the voltage on your 12v Battery?

6 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Are there any warning lights or fault codes?

Has the Hybrid battery been charged?

Hi, I'm getting check hybrid system on dash.  Can't check codes because all 3 apps i have will not connect to ecu.

Hope the hybrid Battery has been charged as it cost £1200.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the problem? 

I had something very similar when I repaired the hybrid Battery in my gs300h, turned out that I had reversed the high voltage cables from the Battery to the inverter. Not sure if the pic of the cables is before or after finding out they were wrong way around. Thankfully no damage done 

IMG_20230821_103147.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If it has been off the road since Christmas it is very likely the Hybrid Battery has discharged beyond the point of being able to turn the engine over, hybrid vehicles really do not like being unused at all. Although the hybrid Battery is physically large and arranged in series to provide high voltage in reality the Battery is relatively low capacity at 6.5Ah.  My advice would be to charge or renew the 12v Battery first then try again remember to hold your foot on the brake when you press the button. If it does not start there should then be fault codes lodged along with the normal "check hybrid system message" at this point you can retrieve the fault codes & go from there. Hope this helps.

Richard

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links