Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a 2017 Lexus is 300h

Hi all,

I found the 'Perfect' Lexus - It's a 2017 model with 50k miles (From Lexus with Lexus Select). A 2019 model with 70k miles also caught my attention - no ML or Blind spot monitoring tho. Both cars have full lexus service.

My only worry is how will I handle the warranty. Is it the case that I am limited to either 100k miles or 10 years until I have to pay a significant amount for an extended warranty? Based on these two cars, it appears that I have only 3 years left before reaching that milestone.

Would this make you hesitate? Do I need to wait until I find one that has a better year and mileage?

Yes, it’s 10 years / 100k miles. I guess it depends on your definition of “significant “ and what the price premium is for a newer, lower mileage model… 

46 minutes ago, MariusGT said:

Hi all,

I found the 'Perfect' Lexus - It's a 2017 model with 50k miles (From Lexus with Lexus Select). A 2019 model with 70k miles also caught my attention - no ML or Blind spot monitoring tho. Both cars have full lexus service.

My only worry is how will I handle the warranty. Is it the case that I am limited to either 100k miles or 10 years until I have to pay a significant amount for an extended warranty? Based on these two cars, it appears that I have only 3 years left before reaching that milestone.

Would this make you hesitate? Do I need to wait until I find one that has a better year and mileage?

Once the car has reached either 10 years old or 100K miles (whichever comes first) then it doesn't qualify anymore for the Relax extended warranty (which is free if the car is serviced at a Lexus dealer). However, there is something called 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (which is for cars older than 10 years or 100k miles) and this can be bought annually until the car is 15 years old or 150k miles (whichever comes first). The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty isn't advertised anywhere on the Lexus website and some dealers aren't too clued up on it either unfortunately, but it is available and I and a number of other members on here have taken it out. It offers pretty much the same cover as Relax extended warranty. The cost of mine when I renewed it in November last year for the IS 300h was £474 per annum - and you can spread the payment over 10 months interest free. However, the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty ALSO INCLUDES Lexus Roadside Assistance (https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance which is £155 is purchased on its own, so if you would have bought the roadside assistance anyway then the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is only really an additional £319 per annum. The key thing to be aware of is that you must have the car serviced by a Lexus dealer according to the normal service schedule (12 months / 10K miles whichever comes first) for the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty to remain valid - the servicing prices don't reduce after the 10 years / 100k miles though and so you need to factor in the continued servicing costs at a Lexus dealer.

2 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Yes, it’s 10 years / 100k miles. I guess it depends on your definition of “significant “ and what the price premium is for a newer, lower mileage model… 

I wouldn't want to pay more than 19k for a premirum/f sport one with triple LED, ML etc.

@wharfhouse Thanks a lot! I can probably factor in the fact that it's £10 for road tax as well.

33 minutes ago, MariusGT said:

I wouldn't want to pay more than 19k for a premirum/f sport one with triple led, ML etc.

@wharfhouse Thanks a lot! I can probably factor in the fact that it's £10 for road tax as well.

Yes  - on pre-2017 IS 300h it's currently £10 per annum - due to go up to £20 per annum as the hybrid discount is being abolished - but still a nice saving compared to post 2017 models.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links